News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Simon and Garfunkel Geeks Rejoice!!!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: khalpin on August 28, 2020, 07:34:46 AM
Simon and Garfunkel Geeks Rejoice!!!

Exactly - the Rush line is "Studio walls"
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

nab

Quote from: nab on April 08, 2010, 10:36:28 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 08, 2010, 10:06:56 AM
Quote from: nab on April 08, 2010, 10:01:31 AM
I can't stand other people having fun. I came into this thread to spread my hatred. 

fyp

Truth, woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Just wanted to say, this was a real teaching moment for me. I still think about this. I think about this thread every time I see someone else doing what I did.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: nab on August 28, 2020, 08:51:52 AM
I can't stand other people having fun. I came into this thread to spread my hatred. 

fyp

Just wanted to say, this was a real teaching moment for me. I still think about this. I think about this thread every time I see someone else doing what I did.

:beers:

rowjimmy

fyp

Learning blows!
Go back to school, nerd!

Seriously, though, that's cool.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 28, 2020, 10:36:11 AM

fyp

Learning blows!
Go back to school, nerd!

Seriously, though, that's cool.

It all boils down to "Don't Yuck someone else's Yum".

That said, Bisco blows... :evil:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

PIE-GUY

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe drum kit played by Rush's Neil Peart between 1974-1977 is expected to fetch more than $100,000 (£75,000) at auction in the coming weeks.

Peart's iconic chrome Slingerland set, which he used for recordings and live performances, will go under the hammer between November 23 and December 9 as part of Bonhams' Music Memorabilia auction.

Bonhams expects the drum kit will sell for approximately $104,000 (£77,695) to $157,000 (£117,290).

The coveted kit features dual blue heads printed with Rush's logo and Neil Peart's name, as well as chrome-wrapped Tom-toms with an original head signed by Peart himself.

As the Bonhams listing explains, the kit was purchased by Peart in 1974 from Toronto's Long & McQuade music store shortly after he joined the iconic band.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/neil-pearts-iconic-drum-kit-expected-to-reach-100000-at-auction-2823185
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Debating whether or not to go to the Primus A Tribute To Kings show next month. It's outdoors and pretty close to my house, and work (I can park for free for the show it's that close), so Delta shouldn't be hindering my decision, but it is since my wife would be going with me and she's not as good in crowds as I am right now.  
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

QuoteDebating whether or not to go to the Primus A Tribute To Kings show next month. It's outdoors and pretty close to my house, and work (I can park for free for the show it's that close), so Delta shouldn't be hindering my decision, but it is since my wife would be going with me and she's not as good in crowds as I am right now. 
I have tickets and am planning to go when it's here. Full vaccine and/or negative test required. I'm ok with it. 

mistercharlie

QuoteDebating whether or not to go to the Primus A Tribute To Kings show next month. It's outdoors and pretty close to my house, and work (I can park for free for the show it's that close), so Delta shouldn't be hindering my decision, but it is since my wife would be going with me and she's not as good in crowds as I am right now. 
I have tickets and am planning to go when it's here. Full vaccine and/or negative test required. I'm ok with it.

Hmm, I forgot about that. I'll have to research what Indy is doing about shows and Vaccines right now.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram