News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 02, 2019, 01:32:15 PM
11/22

Songs For Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts

5CD/8LP

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/expansive-cd-lp-box-sets-present-all-four-historic-hendrix-band-of-gypsys-performances-at-the-fillmore-east-newly-mixed-by-eddie-kramer/

Fuck yeah!

8-)

Also: 

https://jimihendrix.com/news/after-more-than-50-years-the-jimi-hendrix-experience-returns-to-the-royal-albert-hall-for-a-cinematic-world-premiere/

The clips look amazing compared to the circulating boot version.  Stone Free from RAH and the Gypsys box(01/01/70 set II) are great examples of Jimi's improvisational prowess.

Exp Hendrix LLC still haven't released 05/24/69 San Diego and 04/26/69 LA Forum.  Still lots of good Jimi forthcoming.   

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on October 03, 2019, 07:27:41 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 02, 2019, 01:32:15 PM
11/22

Songs For Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts

5CD/8LP

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/expansive-cd-lp-box-sets-present-all-four-historic-hendrix-band-of-gypsys-performances-at-the-fillmore-east-newly-mixed-by-eddie-kramer/

Fuck yeah!

8-)

Also: 

https://jimihendrix.com/news/after-more-than-50-years-the-jimi-hendrix-experience-returns-to-the-royal-albert-hall-for-a-cinematic-world-premiere/

The clips look amazing compared to the circulating boot version.  Stone Free from RAH and the Gypsys box(01/01/70 set II) are great examples of Jimi's improvisational prowess.

Exp Hendrix LLC still haven't released 05/24/69 San Diego and 04/26/69 LA Forum.  Still lots of good Jimi forthcoming.   

RAH needs a Blu-ray release FFS. And yes, the world needs more Jimi releases.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Ordered the Fillmore box set just now (5CD). As much I want to support my local record stores they will be selling it for 78,99 or even 98,99 euros. And Amazon Germany offers it for 54,99. Free shipping.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Ordered a bunch of stuff for a friend's birthday thru authentichendrix.com. Fingers crossed that things don't go sideways, because their orders are handled by musictoday.com and I've run into tons of fail with that outfit in the past.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Superfreakie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on October 29, 2019, 10:06:07 AM
Ordered the Fillmore box set just now (5CD). As much I want to support my local record stores they will be selling it for 78,99 or even 98,99 euros. And Amazon Germany offers it for 54,99. Free shipping.

:rawk:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mopper_smurf

Tons of radio broadcasts are being released due to a copyright loophole in Europe, so yeah, why not release the Stockholm shows again.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Listening now. Separation is quite good. And it was dirt cheap too.

Added it to Discogs as well.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 06, 2020, 10:55:21 AM
Tons of radio broadcasts are being released due to a copyright loophole in Europe, so yeah, why not release the Stockholm shows again.

An early Jimi bootleg for me.  First read about the show in Electric Gypsy.  If only the whole January tour was recorded via soundboard.  Its funny when Jimi says they hadn't played in six weeks but played Gothenberg the night before? 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on March 05, 2020, 09:31:42 PM

An early Jimi bootleg for me.  First read about the show in Electric Gypsy.  If only the whole January tour was recorded via soundboard.  Its funny when Jimi says they hadn't played in six weeks but played Gothenberg the night before?

Yes, that's odd. Wonder why he said that.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 06, 2020, 01:01:24 AM
Quote from: susep on March 05, 2020, 09:31:42 PM

Yes, that's odd. Wonder why he said that.

To be fair, their last big gig was 12/01/68 however they did play Lulu's show @ the BBC on 01/04/69 before their opening night of the tour, 01/08/69. 
Actually listened to both shows here, 01/09/69 last night and today.  Love Jimi and Noel's banter in both shows.  The late show is definitely the better of the two however the early show too has some tasty highlights. 

mopper_smurf

I was in Bristol in Engeland in 2018, but I didn't know that this piece of street art was there ....
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe new documentary film MUSIC, MONEY, MADNESS ... JIMI HENDRIX IN MAUI and accompanying LIVE IN MAUI album is set for release on November 20 from Experience Hendrix and Legacy Recordings.

The deluxe Blu-ray package available with 2CDs or 3LPs chronicles The Jimi Hendrix Experience's storied visit to Maui in July 1970 and how they became ensnared with the ill-fated Rainbow Bridge movie. Release features documentary film plus all the existing 16mm color film shot of the two afternoon performances mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound, newly restored and mixed by Eddie Kramer and mastered by Bernie Grundman.

https://www.jimihendrix.com/music/music-money-madness-jimi-hendrix-in-maui/

Twitter | FB | Instagram

susep

^^^Hell yeah!  Pretty pumped for this one even if they did switch up the first set sequencing.   :rawk:

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on September 10, 2020, 11:59:32 AM
^^^Hell yeah!  Pretty pumped for this one even if they did switch up the first set sequencing.   :rawk:

Indeed. There''s no reason why they needed to fuck that up ...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jimi-hendrix/1970/seabury-hall-makawao-hi-6bd4a606.html

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

A fellow Dutch Hendrix fan wanted to order Live At Woburn from the US branche of Dagger Records. They don't have it in the UK shop. Look at that shipping rate....  I emailed him back to be patient and wait until a copy pops up on Discogs.

Twitter | FB | Instagram