News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-11-29 Dunkin Donuts Center - Providence, RI - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, November 29, 2019, 11:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

SETLIST: PHISH, FRIDAY 11/29/2019
DUNKIN DONUTS CENTER
Providence, RI
SET 1: First Tube, The Final Hurrah > NICU, Steam > Scent of a Mule, Bye Bye Foot, No Men In No Man's Land, Gumbo > My Soul, Maybe, Sand > Fire

SET 2: 46 Days > Back on the Train > Plasma > Farmhouse, Light -> Plasma > Birds of a Feather, Joy, Simple -> Set Your Soul Free -> Plasma, Walk Away

ENCORE: Meatstick > Sleep, Driver, Bug

pcr3

I think we all had some fun checking out this band.  :wtu:  :sbw: Sent from the uber home.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

gainesvillegreen

Sand > Fire? I'm intrigued.....

Plasma 3 times? I like Plasma. Not sure I like it as the scaffolding upon which a set is built. Also, fail for not showing up in the encore. Do they not know their own rules?  :-P :-P :-P :-P
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

jus watched teh 46 days on youtubes, sounded pretty good. :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Damn, I didn't realise that they hadn't played Bye Bye Foot since the last time I saw them play it at Deer Creek in '97! Helluva bust-out.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Lotta songs - some decent micro-jams - nothing stands out, though.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on November 30, 2019, 12:46:08 AM
Sand > Fire? I'm intrigued.....

Plasma 3 times? I like Plasma. Not sure I like it as the scaffolding upon which a set is built. Also, fail for not showing up in the encore. Do they not know their own rules?  :-P :-P :-P :-P

Sand > Fire is a so so segue. And the Fire lacks ... erhm ... fire.

Definitely a warm up show, with only the long awaited return of Bye Bye Foot deserving a mention.  2,7/5
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

WhatstheUse?

Show definitely lacked in a few areas. Bye Bye Foot was an unexpected treat as was fire.

Had that Page song been played before? Not so sure about that one...
Bring in the dude!

Gundo

Y'all aren't doing things correctly. I did drugs on a couch and I think it was pretty solid for a tour opener

shoreline99

Quote from: EdBanky on November 30, 2019, 06:16:13 PM
Y'all aren't doing things correctly. I did drugs on a couch and I think it was pretty solid for a tour opener

Dang. Hope that still works for me tonight
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

anthrax

Quote from: EdBanky on November 30, 2019, 06:16:13 PM

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Gumbo72203

Bye Bye Foot is played pretty well!  Interesting that Trey got rid of the Gilmour licks in his solo.  I thought 46 Days was decent too.  Sure it's not big, but I'm digging the flow of everything.  This BOTT is actually really good too, nice micro-jam in there where they get away from the groove.  That was fun!!!

Trey has a bunch of new Keeley delay pedals too, interested to see where I can figure out they're being used.  It's the Eccos, it hasn't even been released yet and he's got 3 haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again