News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on March 14, 2008, 09:14:50 AM
nice... my birthday is tomorrow too! 

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH! ;)  (my poor parents)

At least your parents didn't name you Julius Caesar!

sls.stormyrider

just saw this on another site.
some fun and interesting gift ideas

http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gimmetela

bump.
my homeskillet.
then, my homeskillet n me.

(i kinda look like a turtle in that one.  sweeeet.)

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gimmetela

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on October 29, 2008, 12:07:45 PM
our little master jedi

I can't see facebook photos at work but I love the look on his face in your avatar...

jedifunk

oh, i didn't realize that the link wouldn't work... sorry.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Mr Minor

No prob.  I got it now.  Cool light saber!

jedifunk

yeah, thats one of 5 lightsabers that he has
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

MiamiPhish

Quote from: jedifunk on October 29, 2008, 02:30:00 PM
are they real?

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on October 29, 2008, 02:30:00 PM

I would so battle my son if he had lightsabers.

jedifunk

real in what sense?

and minor... we regularly have battles.  he's really good with 2 sabers at once too... the force is strong with him ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sunrisevt

Bump with a purpose--

In anticipation of getting SPAC tickets, I'd love to read whatever you all think about taking a little one (~18 months this summer) to shows.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Mr Minor

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 23, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
Bump with a purpose--

In anticipation of getting SPAC tickets, I'd love to read whatever you all think about taking a little one (~18 months this summer) to shows.

Check out this thread.  Good points either way.

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10125.msg190730#msg190730

To quote myself:
Quote from: Mr Minor on October 06, 2008, 09:12:55 AM
I think there are good and bad points to this idea.  Some which have both already been pointed out, but I will reiterate:

Good: 
Kids love music.   They can dance, have fun, etc.  There could be a group of parents and children that can enjoy the show together, which could be cool.

Bad:
Can you really enjoy the show or will you be thinking about the baby and how loud it is, the smoke, etc?
Can the baby be alright through three hours of a show?  Lots of stimulation can overload the child.  If you have to leave the show, is it worth it to go and not see/listen to the whole thing?  Is this an appropriate environment to have your kids in?  (these are obviously different for each parent and their own opinions)

I personally feel as though I wouldn't want to bring my kids to shows until they are old enough to take care of the themselves and I can enjoy the show (although I will still prolly worry about them regardless of age).  When I am at a show, I want to be able to do whatever I want without the responsibility of worrying about a child.   I want to be able to party before the show in the lot, puff some in the show, and get a little crazy without the responsibility of a child.  Of course, I don't feel comfortable with having my kids around drugs, although that doesn't mean everyone at a phish show is a druggie, but I think you know what I am talking about.

For some people this will work wonderfully and others it won't.  It depends on the child and the mindset of the parent.  It could be great but it could be a headache.

You could always try something close to your home that offers a similar environment as a test run.  If it works, run it.  If not, at least you know before you drop the cash and time on tour and have a bad experience.

Just my $0.02

Notice my reasons for yes are much fewer than my reasons for no. ;)

khalpin

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 23, 2009, 01:02:56 PM
Bump with a purpose--

I wouldn't if I were you.  It's one thing if you're going to see Chicago or something and had lawn seats, but it's gonna be sold out and there will be wasted people walking around with lit cigarettes and stuff like that.  Just a lot of potential for a bad scene.

My advice, spring for a sitter.