News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

I've been raping our local Craigs List...  Got a brand new in box Baby Bjorn last month for $25...  Last year I picked up over $1000 of Thomas Train stuff for $250...  Now I'm on the quest for woodend doll house stuff...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on June 28, 2012, 09:44:46 AM
I've been raping our local Craigs List...  Got a brand new in box Baby Bjorn last month for $25...  Last year I picked up over $1000 of Thomas Train stuff for $250...  Now I'm on the quest for woodend doll house stuff...

Terry

I've been scouring CL as well, but too expensive for these outside toys. 

I haven't looked for some of the others you mentioned. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

twatts

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on June 28, 2012, 09:55:51 AM

Terry

I've been scouring CL as well, but too expensive for these outside toys. 

I haven't looked for some of the others you mentioned.

I've found Raleigh CL to be a great place to shop...  Lots of Cary/Wakefield parents just trying to dump their crap...

I've had no luck with Plan Toy dollhouses though...

My dad scored a free outdoor playset on VaBch CL, all he had to do was move it.  Its similar to this:

But w/o the slide... 

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

phil

I've been raping our local Craigs List

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

this cracked me the fuck up
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

kellerb

Quote from: phil on June 28, 2012, 10:24:44 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Meanwhile, local Craigs live in constant fear.

phil

Quote from: kellerb on June 28, 2012, 11:14:59 AM
Quote from: phil on June 28, 2012, 10:24:44 AM

Meanwhile, local Craigs live in constant fear.

Terry's got a list, and he's raping it twice.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

khalpin

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

UncleEbinezer

Awesome!

Not to detract from you, but #2 was funny.  "Funky Girl."   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

sunrisevt

Well, this thread's overdue for an update...

[sweet blog alert]

So since I moved back over the Green Mountains last summer, my kid and I share a fair amount of driving time now. And it probably won't surprise anyone here that I have her on a pretty steady diet of instrumental music (i.e., jams) in the car. So I've started this game to keep her entertained and engaged in the music: once in a while during an instrumental passage, I ask her what she sees in her mind when she hears the music. Just half an hour ago, during an extended lead-in jam to "He's Gone"...

"There's a person walking in the pouring rain with a fancy umbrella, and they're walking their fancy poodle, and there's another person with a raincoat and no umbrella, just standing and watching them. But he isn't sad."

How do they do this? I swear, she can just take apart my heart and put it back together again.

[/sb]
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Perfect... you know, just as kids can surprise you, so, too, can parents!

I got a cryptic postcard today... the picture on the front was the Beatles. The text on the back was a nice note signed "G, P, R, & J."

It took me about 20 minutes to figure out... Wait, that's my Pops' handwriting and G, P, R, & J are George, Paul, Ringo, and John.

I had a really bad week last week and my Pops was just trying to cheer me up. I'm 40 and a postcard made me feel like a little kid.

:music:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

So when is your little Pie coming? You ain't getting younger!
Bring in the dude!