News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 14, 2020, 04:36:57 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2020, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 14, 2020, 02:40:39 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 14, 2020, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 14, 2020, 10:47:26 AM
Not 1, not 2, but 3 people bothered me today about a Steeleye Dan tribute act show in my hometown. I don't want to see or hear a fucking Steeleye Dan tribute act.

So is it a Steeleye Span or a Steely Dan tribute act? Or is it an amalgamation tribute like Dread Zeppelin?

My bad. They fall themselves.Steeleye Span. For real.

That's an English folk act that's been around since the 60s.

They're no Fairport Convention.

Ha! Pretty fair comparison. I dig them ,  but nowhere near as much as Fairport.

It was kind of a joke (though true).
After making Liege & Lief the original bass player from Fairport split and started Steeleye Span.

WhatstheUse?

Goodness, gracious. I'm not even sure if this is national news or what but Boulder is nearly on fire!

Apparently the forest fires here in Colorado are the worst they've ever had here and theyve now reached the front range. I can literally see flames on the mountain side from my house and the smoke has made it nearly unbearable to be outside for days! Crazy stuff!

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 17, 2020, 10:52:26 PM
Goodness, gracious. I'm not even sure if this is national news or what but Boulder is nearly on fire!

Apparently the forest fires here in Colorado are the worst they've ever had here and theyve now reached the front range. I can literally see flames on the mountain side from my house and the smoke has made it nearly unbearable to be outside for days! Crazy stuff!
Ugh that's scary shit, we couldn't leave the house for a week in September because basically the whole West Coast was on fire, it was really awful. 

Hope you get some rain soon.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2020, 11:24:05 PM

Ugh that's scary shit, we couldn't leave the house for a week in September because basically the whole West Coast was on fire, it was really awful. 

2020 keeps delivering
Stay safe out there
Paug FTMFW!

ph92

Quote from: birdman on October 18, 2020, 11:28:33 AM

2020 keeps delivering
Stay safe out there
I can see that so clearly when I'm driving home from work, and that's super deep in Aurora.

Luckily it's getting cold and supposed to snow Sunday.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: ph92 on October 23, 2020, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 18, 2020, 11:28:33 AM

2020 keeps delivering
Stay safe out there
I can see that so clearly when I'm driving home from work, and that's super deep in Aurora.

Luckily it's getting cold and supposed to snow Sunday.

Hope this clears up for you and everyone else out there.
The landscape will look different for awhile.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Trying to lose weight and my feeds are all filled with pics from Uncle G?s Pizza. It?s fucking killing me.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 26, 2021, 12:42:21 PM
Trying to lose weight and my feeds are all filled with pics from Uncle G?s Pizza. It?s fucking killing me.

Hahahaha

sunrisevt

Agreed--it's an egregious thirst trap.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: sunrisevt on June 27, 2021, 01:44:46 AMAgreed--it's an egregious thirst trap.

Well, which is one is it?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

While driving to work this morning I was passing through a shitty part of town the wife and I call "Cracktown" and one of the people had their 96 Gallon Trashcan on the curb. A gust of wind knocked it over into the street right as I was passing it. I swerved to the left to avoid hitting it but it clipped my passenger side view mirror and took it completely off. I drive a 2007 Saturn Ion, so I'm not too worried about it impacting the value of my car. The wife wants to get it fixed/replaced, but I think that will be more hassle than it's worth. I rarely use that mirror, so much so that I didn't notice it was gone until I got to work and parked. I thought the sound I heard was the trashcan hitting the ground.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Ah man, just gotta chalk that up to typical city life. Dodging vagrant's trash cans is no easy feat.

That happened to me with an old Corolla someone side swiped it parked on the street.
I looked on google and you can find the part pretty quick I bet, mine was like 30-40$ for the whole mirror. I brought it to a shop with the new part and they just charged me a hour of labor to put it on. Best of luck.

Buffalo Budd

2nd week of at home learning for my kids and I am starting to lose my mind trying to juggle that with my actual job. The worst part of the whole scenario is that this learning was initiated to protect kids during the height of the pandemic but now the provincial gov't is using it to force the union's hand in the midst of a strike here.
I told my wife I want to drop my 2 kids off at the premier's house and see how he handles working and educating a couple of young children.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

QuoteAh man, just gotta chalk that up to typical city life. Dodging vagrant's trash cans is no easy feat.

That happened to me with an old Corolla someone side swiped it parked on the street.
I looked on google and you can find the part pretty quick I bet, mine was like 30-40$ for the whole mirror. I brought it to a shop with the new part and they just charged me a hour of labor to put it on. Best of luck.
I just checked. Mine would be $25 to buy a new one. There was no electronics involved so I think I should be able to install it myself with the help of my carpenter buddy, who has all the tools and know how.

Thanks for the suggestion, Erik!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 09, 2021, 11:26:09 AM
QuoteAh man, just gotta chalk that up to typical city life. Dodging vagrant's trash cans is no easy feat.

I just checked. Mine would be $25 to buy a new one. There was no electronics involved so I think I should be able to install it myself with the help of my carpenter buddy, who has all the tools and know how.

Thanks for the suggestion, Erik!
if you can get the trim piece off there are usually three Phillips head screws mounting the mirror. It takes five minutes at best
Paug FTMFW!