News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on June 02, 2020, 03:56:43 PM

My fashion look is a 2020s take on late 80s Jerry Garcia, so I'm in on black tees.

Not a thing wrong with that.
If this ends up being a 'don't bother sending it back thing', you may be getting yourself a new T in the mail.
Hope you're a large.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

They make tshirts in colors besides black?? 

mistercharlie

I ordered the heather grey Dinner And A Movie shirt too. It's the darkest heather grey shirt I've ever seen, definitely WAY darker than my other heather grey Phish shirts. It does look like a stealth black shirt, but I have a few black Phish shirts also and they are a bit darker than the Dinner and a Movie shirt. They probably sent you the right one but it was described poorly on the website. You might just get a refund.

I'd describe the shirt color as a "Heather Black", maybe. I still like it as I see it as the "2020 Tour" shirt.

For context here are two shirts that Dry Goods labled as "Heather Grey" D&aM on the left, MPP 2014 on the right.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

ugh...that one on the left.  what were they thinking!?

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on June 03, 2020, 09:10:44 AM
ugh...that one on the left.  what were they thinking!?

The mock-up on Dry Goods made it look like the one on the right. It would be an awesome shirt if it did. As is, it's a pretty cool, but not awesome, shirt.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 02, 2020, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 02, 2020, 03:49:02 PM
I actually like the stealth black shirts.  They'll probably refund you and/or send you a new shirt if you contact them...

Oh I contacted them.
I'm not a black t-shirt kind of guy.

I have a shitload of black t-shirts. I shop at band merch stands. I miss doing that.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Phish should have been taking the stage at Deer Creek right about now for my first shows since 2016.  :cry:

Fuck you, 'Rona!

nab

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 07, 2020, 08:07:46 PM
Phish should have been taking the stage at Deer Creek right about now for my first shows since 2016.  :cry:

Fuck you, 'Rona!

Buddy of mine reminded me that today is the 11th anniversary of my first show. My second show was the next day. My 3rd, 4th, and 5th shows were supposed to start three weeks ago today.

I feel ya.

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 07, 2020, 08:07:46 PM

Fuck you, 'Rona!

yeah, this one hurts more than all the other ones i would have seen this summer.   :samurai:

mopper_smurf

Not 1, not 2, but 3 people bothered me today about a Steeleye Dan tribute act show in my hometown. I don't want to see or hear a fucking Steeleye Dan tribute act.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

anthrax

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 14, 2020, 10:47:26 AM
Not 1, not 2, but 3 people bothered me today about a Steeleye Dan tribute act show in my hometown. I don't want to see or hear a fucking Steeleye Dan tribute act.

i can't wait...hope to see you there!   :evil:

mistercharlie

So is it a Steeleye Span or a Steely Dan tribute act? Or is it an amalgamation tribute like Dread Zeppelin?

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 14, 2020, 01:55:51 PM

So is it a Steeleye Span or a Steely Dan tribute act? Or is it an amalgamation tribute like Dread Zeppelin?

My bad. They fall themselves.Steeleye Span. For real.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 14, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

That's an English folk act that's been around since the 60s.

They're no Fairport Convention.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2020, 03:53:47 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 14, 2020, 02:40:39 PM

That's an English folk act that's been around since the 60s.

They're no Fairport Convention.

Ha! Pretty fair comparison. I dig them ,  but nowhere near as much as Fairport.