News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-07-14 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, July 15, 2019, 03:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on July 15, 2019, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 15, 2019, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: aphineday on July 15, 2019, 01:20:40 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 15, 2019, 01:18:39 PM
This show has failed to suck*.

*Meatstick can fuck off, tho.
I used to have some aversion to that song too, but it was tons of fun last night!

I will dance to it if I'm there (unless I need to pee) but I do not like it.

You are mostly full of sane, rational thought.
This is not one of those.

I'll admit that it doesn't make sense to dance to a song that I dislike but... when you're at a Phish show, there's only so much standing with your arms crossed that you can do before your arms and feet get tired.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Quote from: GBL on July 15, 2019, 02:50:40 PM
Unless you're August, of course..

He's in much better shape that myself.

ETA:
Here's the Quick-Hit for this show with a few journalists: https://www.hfpod.com/episodes/quick-hit-alpine-valley-7-14

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 15, 2019, 03:12:01 PM

ETA:
Here's the Quick-Hit for this show with a few journalists: https://www.hfpod.com/episodes/quick-hit-alpine-valley-7-14
dont put yourself down. I'm sure you could run a 50k tomorrow if you wanted
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

Was blown away last night on the couch and then listened to the whole second set again on headphones an hour later.  This show was triumphant in so many ways.  An all-timer for sure.  As I stated to my massive Twitter following (almost 400!), this was a textbook bomb drop.

The only bad thing about this show is up until Alpine3 I was not worried about what was left for Denver.  Now I have some concerns.  But super happy for everyone that was there.

susep

Went straight to Ruby Waves.  Fuck yeah! 
***** again mods we need an air guitar emoti!   :rawk: :music: :rockout: :wtu: :smoke: :clap: :mrgreen: 8-)

edit - love the ambient jam to close, makes this version that much more triumphant. 

VDB

This show has it all. Congratulations to the happy couple!
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

Strong tour so far but this show is clearly mvp
Ruby Waves jam is killer
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on July 15, 2019, 06:18:18 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 15, 2019, 03:12:01 PM

ETA:
dont put yourself down. I'm sure you could run a 50k tomorrow if you wanted

You are probably thinking of someone else.

jam>

That Ruby Waves jam! Giving the first half of 2nd set a 3rd spin in the last 24 hours.

anthrax

awesome weekend at alpine.  this hometown venue can be rough, but when it's half full, it's the best.  no issues getting in.  no issues with security. no bathroom lines.   

sunday afternoon was a typical last day of a 3 night run.  pool all day, got perma-buzz rocking all day long, laughing your ass off at stupid jokes every 5 minutes.

rolled up to our spot in the pavilion right next to the soundboard.  we had a great crew, and then we proceeded to get our minds completely blown.  i hadn't crossed off an old song on my stats in a couple of years and i get the first 2 of the night!  about time for The Landlady, seeing this on my stat list was so annoying.

you've read all the reviews, but getting to see that show with the lights full on in your face center view.  oh man.  i mean we saw every interaction, we could hear every bit of banter.  during ruby waves we wandered deserts, climbed mountain tops, swam in the depths of the bottom of the ocean, and even punched jupiter in it's stupid red spot. 

a lot of the longer jams from this summer didn't have the direction or the driving force that this one did.  it was tight as hell and the peaks were great. 

there was a lot of heavy metal in this show and it was the best.

i'm still recovering.

PIE-GUY

It's funny... the Landlady is literally the first song I ever saw Phish play live.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

Quote from: anthrax on July 16, 2019, 12:42:37 PM

a lot of the longer jams from this summer didn't have the direction or the driving force that this one did.  it was tight as hell and the peaks were great. 

It definitely reminds of the Tahoe Tweezer from '13 and, the Chalk Dust from Randall's Island '14.  Both of those jams have a direction and purpose that is salient above the rest from those respected tours. 

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 16, 2019, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 16, 2019, 01:51:04 PM
It's funny... the Landlady is literally the first song I ever saw Phish play live.

My first as well......

http://phish.com/tours/dates/thu-1990-09-13-the-wetlands-preserve/

looks like that was the first Landlady as well!
Quotencluding the 1st confirmed performance of The Landlady ouside Punch You In The Eye (although see 4/7/90 for a reported earlier version). Trey said that The Landlady opener was "indirectly dedicated to the spirit of Carlos".