News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

December '95

Started by anthrax, November 19, 2020, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

The thought has entered my head to listen to each of the December '95 shows including the new years run on the 25th anniversary date.  Would anyone like to join in this endeavor?  I feel like I may need some support to complete this lofty goal.

Superfreakie

I'm in. Caught them all except for the NYE run. Cold as balls. Great paper. Lots of french bread pizza from that one dude making them in his truck. That's what I remember.   :phish:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Definitely remember the French Bread pizza truck.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 20, 2020, 08:41:52 AM
Definitely remember the French Bread pizza truck.

Yep - last time I saw that guy was at the first bonnaroo - but he basically saved my life at that one! He was around for-fucking-ever!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 19, 2020, 10:18:32 PM
I'm in. Caught them all except for the NYE run. Cold as balls. Great paper. Lots of french bread pizza from that one dude making them in his truck. That's what I remember.   :phish:

What made you skip the NYE run, tickets?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 20, 2020, 10:20:21 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on November 19, 2020, 10:18:32 PM

What made you skip the NYE run, tickets?

Ski coaching. We always had a post-Christmas training camp while the athletes were home for the holidays. My first Phish NYE was 2013 - post-coaching retirement. I did do 1 night of the 2012 run, but they sucked so bad, I stewed all night post-show and then gave away the rest of my tickets for the run in the morning and drove home. The next night was a heater of course....
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Ahhh, makes sense.
I have to book that week off now for my daughter's training every year.
It should be interesting to see what that will look like this year.

ETA. Can't imagine tossing away a Phish ticket but I'm sure you had your reasons. Even when they're not on, it's better than most shows out there(Coventry notwithstanding).
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 23, 2020, 03:19:52 PM
ETA. Can't imagine tossing away a Phish ticket but I'm sure you had your reasons. Even when they're not on, it's better than most shows out there(Coventry notwithstanding).

Drugs are a helluva drug.
Bring in the dude!

birdman

I could get into this. Saw the New Years run and a slew of November shows that tour, I think I can handle the December shows.
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

I'm down, a lot of them are already in regular rotation.  That french bread pizza was the shit especially in the freezing temps.  I remember housing some after one of the Placid shows.  I was lucky enough to do the bulk of these, missed a few, notably Hershey and Niagra Falls, and also missed Amherst but I think I saw the rest.  Skipped first two of New Years run in MA, but went to MSG.

I did a pretty good run through of all of them when HFPod did their thing with Chopaganda on Dec. 95.  I think it was two years ago but it might have last year.  Worth listening to if you hav not heard it.

Also, my money is on NYE 95 for the NYE DAAM.  Just thinking about the possibility makes me chub. But then I think they will pick some 3.0 NYE and I instantly de-chub.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 24, 2020, 08:27:51 PM
Also, my money is on NYE 95 for the NYE DAAM.  Just thinking about the possibility makes me chub. But then I think they will pick some 3.0 NYE and I instantly de-chub.
With a vinyl RE for those of us that cheaped out the first time.  :shakehead:

rowjimmy

I can't keep up with a full month project due too all the other things but I'm gonna hit a few for sure.
I saw two shows this month (and 2 in November) and my life was accelerating to major change (babies rule!). Love Dec. 95.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 24, 2020, 10:20:31 PM

Cannot believe what those things are going for now.  I had a spare that I wish I had kept.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 25, 2020, 01:01:38 PM

Cannot believe what those things are going for now.  I had a spare that I wish I had kept.

Yeah wish I would've grabbed two as well.

As for straight up passing on the only full Phish show available on vinyl, epic fail bro. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on November 25, 2020, 01:38:35 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 25, 2020, 01:01:38 PM

Yeah wish I would've grabbed two as well.

As for straight up passing on the only full Phish show available on vinyl, epic fail bro.

Leave aside the fact that's it's arguably the best Phish show... yeah. That's a botch.