News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1997/07/21 - Virginia Beach Amphitheater - Virginia Beach, VA - Not LST

Started by Hicks, May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 11:09:37 PM
Remember lighters in the air instead of cell phones?

Not a cell phone in site. Just wooks basking in the glory of their natural habitat

mistercharlie

Quote from: emay on May 19, 2020, 11:10:31 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 11:09:37 PM
Remember lighters in the air instead of cell phones?

Not a cell phone in site. Just wooks basking in the glory of their natural habitat

Those were the days!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Lest it be forgotten, this show was just a "warm up" for what was to come..........
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 19, 2020, 11:13:27 PM
Lest it be forgotten, this show was just a "warm up" for what was to come..........

Yes, that multi-instrument jam reminded me of watching the Rotation Jam at DC. And '97 was by far my favorite year.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: emay on May 19, 2020, 11:05:09 PM
Quote from: mbw on May 19, 2020, 11:02:25 PM
I was in the lawn for DMB once.
Couldn't tell you if it was good or not cause not a single person was listening.  Just thousands of conversations going on.

Lol my experience was pretty similar.
About to throw on the Walnut Creek dvd after this! Keep this tour going!
I would if I hadn't watched it this past weekend
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 11:14:34 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on May 19, 2020, 11:13:27 PM

Yes, that multi-instrument jam reminded me of watching the Rotation Jam at DC. And '97 was by far my favorite year.

Darien Lake Pranksters
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

This was fun. Just like the good old days of Paug LST's, but with better Phish! Good Night, guys! Great hanging with you.

PIE-GUY

So.. to encourage more shows like this, I donated $19.97 to waterwheel tonight.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Superfreakie

WhatstheUse?

Damn, I knew that show was good....  But that was even better than expected.

Loved watching that theme jam more than listening to it previously
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Finally finishing the show up after the family's gone to bed, so killer.

Really stoked I finally got to see the Theme jam craziness after only reading about it and listening to the audio before. One of those shows where maybe the first set was better than the second, but it's pretty much a heater all the way through. Even Velvet Sea seemed to have a little something extra on this night, probably because of its newness.

On other note, I don't think I've ever seen Trey talk to the monitor guy as much as he did throughout this show, he actually looked pissed a couple times.

In closing, I think we all need to thank Little Carmine for making this happen.   8-)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

susep

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 20, 2020, 06:17:29 AM
Just gonna leave this here...

Trey channeling his inner Roland Kirk. 

Really enjoyed set 1 last night.  Watching set 2 now, on Bowie.  As Hicks said, heater of a show.  Augments Bittersweet Hotel in terms of chronology, pre-Went.  Pumped for next week. 

Caravan2001

Yeah, I think I liked it more last night than when I was actually there lol.  I don't even think I ever went back to listen to it since attending.  Listened to 7/25 Starplex last night after this was over.  That's a tit ripper.