News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: Igbo on March 07, 2012, 11:54:47 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2012, 10:04:05 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 07, 2012, 09:57:30 AM
I was already lining up at 6:30AM to score Junta.  This makes it a slam dunk. 

::changes arrival time to 6:00AM::

yep.

With the amount of hipster music that the DC stores have for RSD, I think I may go to a store out of town that stocked up big on the Phish and GD relases last RSD. Not giong to miss out on Junta and the Dark Star release.

The stores don't have  say in what they get, do they? I would think the hipster store would be the place because less folks want the hippie junk....Even though, the secret is out and anybody who can get their hands on a Phish vinyl (besides Party Time) will buy it just for the resale.  Which blows....

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: Igbo on March 07, 2012, 11:56:45 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 05, 2012, 04:01:58 PM
I ordered records from a few different places in the past two weeks. The first to deliver was the vendor I ordered from most recently.

Fatbeat records, ftw.

Also, they sent me a free 12".

Whats the 12' they sent?

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=11907.msg636742#msg636742

I forsee that not getting many plays at the RJ house.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 07, 2012, 12:13:13 PM

yep.

With the amount of hipster music that the DC stores have for RSD, I think I may go to a store out of town that stocked up big on the Phish and GD relases last RSD. Not giong to miss out on Junta and the Dark Star release.

The stores don't have  say in what they get, do they? I would think the hipster store would be the place because less folks want the hippie junk....Even though, the secret is out and anybody who can get their hands on a Phish vinyl (besides Party Time) will buy it just for the resale.  Which blows....

Pretty sure they aren't allowed to say what they have ahead of time.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Igbo

yep.

Idont know if they have any say, but i do know that the stores put in requests for items they want. Only reason why i want to go outside of DC is the store i went to last RSD had over 8 copies each of white tape, party time, and the Europe 72 box. The line wasnt huge as well. While the DC spots have tremendous lines by 7am.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on March 07, 2012, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 07, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: Igbo on March 07, 2012, 11:56:45 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 05, 2012, 04:01:58 PM
I ordered records from a few different places in the past two weeks. The first to deliver was the vendor I ordered from most recently.

Fatbeat records, ftw.

Also, they sent me a free 12".

Whats the 12' they sent?

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=11907.msg636742#msg636742

I forsee that not getting many plays at the RJ house.

Not even opened.

Free to good home.

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on March 07, 2012, 12:20:02 PM

yep.

Lol totally misread your post.

Yeah they order what they want, but of course they aren't guaranteed a 100% fill.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on March 07, 2012, 12:48:40 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 07, 2012, 12:20:02 PM

yep.

Lol totally misread your post.

Yeah they order what they want, but of course they aren't guaranteed a 100% fill.

Gotcha...so my idea of going to the electronic/dance spot (360) to score the GD record is probably a bunk idea.....well, you and I need to hatch a plan Hicks....we might want to split up, I'm going to be throwing elbows....We can hatch a plan on the way to Radiohead....by the way, we need to hatch a plan about Radiohead...

Buffalo Budd

I can't believe I let this get away but I missed out on a 228 LP collection for $125 cause I didn't have the coin after the vinyl swap and a few other purchases.  The ones I am really disappointed about missing are these:
ARMSTRONG, LOUIS - TREASURY
ARMSTRONG, LOUIS - DISNEY SONGS THE SATCHMO WAY
BEACH BOYS, THE - HIGH WATER
BEATLES, THE - YELLOW SUBMARINE
BEATLES, THE - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
BEATLES, THE - BEATLEMANIA
BEATLES, THE - HEY JUDE
BEATLES, THE - THE BEATLES ROCK'N'ROLL MUSIC
BEATLES, THE - HELP !
BEATLES, THE - ABBEY ROAD
FRANKLIN, ARETHA - ARETHA'S GREATEST HITS
HARRISON, GEORGE - GEORGE HARRISON
KISS - DESTROYER
NELSON, WILLIE & FAMILY - LIVE
ORBISON, ROY - THE VERY BEST OF ROY ORBISON
PRESLEY, ELVIS - ELVIS as recorded at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
ROLLING STONES, THE - " EXILE ON MAIN ST. "
ROLLING STONES, THE - HOT ROCKS
ROLLING STONES, THE - TATTOO YOU
ZEPELIN, LED - ZOSO

I feel like an idiot for passing this deal up.  :shakehead:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Igbo

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 08, 2012, 03:22:48 PM
I can't believe I let this get away but I missed out on a 228 LP collection for $125 cause I didn't have the coin after the vinyl swap and a few other purchases.  The ones I am really disappointed about missing are these:
ARMSTRONG, LOUIS - TREASURY
ARMSTRONG, LOUIS - DISNEY SONGS THE SATCHMO WAY
BEACH BOYS, THE - HIGH WATER
BEATLES, THE - YELLOW SUBMARINE
BEATLES, THE - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
BEATLES, THE - BEATLEMANIA
BEATLES, THE - HEY JUDE
BEATLES, THE - THE BEATLES ROCK'N'ROLL MUSIC
BEATLES, THE - HELP !
BEATLES, THE - ABBEY ROAD
FRANKLIN, ARETHA - ARETHA'S GREATEST HITS
HARRISON, GEORGE - GEORGE HARRISON
KISS - DESTROYER
NELSON, WILLIE & FAMILY - LIVE
ORBISON, ROY - THE VERY BEST OF ROY ORBISON
PRESLEY, ELVIS - ELVIS as recorded at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
ROLLING STONES, THE - " EXILE ON MAIN ST. "
ROLLING STONES, THE - HOT ROCKS
ROLLING STONES, THE - TATTOO YOU
ZEPELIN, LED - ZOSO

I feel like an idiot for passing this deal up.  :shakehead:

Were the rest of the records decent?

Buffalo Budd

^^Couple of ok ones and a few that would be doubles but pretty much shit other than that.  That was the problem, I have a bunch of vinyl right now that I don't want and didn't feel like stocking a bunch more so I made an offer on the ones I wanted and they sold the whole shebang to someone else to get rid of it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Igbo

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 08, 2012, 04:35:15 PM
^^Couple of ok ones and a few that would be doubles but pretty much shit other than that.  That was the problem, I have a bunch of vinyl right now that I don't want and didn't feel like stocking a bunch more so I made an offer on the ones I wanted and they sold the whole shebang to someone else to get rid of it.

Like what?  :-D

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Igbo on March 08, 2012, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 08, 2012, 04:35:15 PM

Like what?  :-D
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Buffalo_Budd

I have more to add as I sift through my collection. 
I would just rather save space for stuff I will actually listen to.

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

White Fence and Bad Weather California have proven worthwhile.

I know the Sonic Youth album so... I'm made stoked about that haul as of now.

Augustus

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2012, 10:30:48 PM
White Fence and Bad Weather California have proven worthwhile.

I know the Sonic Youth album so... I'm made stoked about that haul as of now.

Nice.
Woke up with "Stand In My Sunshine" in my head this AM.