News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Youtube Gems

Started by redrum, December 14, 2010, 10:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrillhouse

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 12, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
Quote from: mehead on December 12, 2012, 09:40:05 PM
Remember the days when they jammed like this and Trey knew how to play guitar

Meh.  This jam doesn't do much for me. It's got nothing on the RunJim from this new DVD release.

Hit it on the nail
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Gumbo72203

You guys are weird.  This jam is phenomenal.

Pure spontaneous composition.  Its so relaxed.  You can watch Trey create the jam on the spot; he plays something, and then builds off of it.  No noodling. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

susep

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 13, 2012, 01:25:05 AM
You guys are weird.  This jam is phenomenal.

Pure spontaneous composition.  Its so relaxed.  You can watch Trey create the jam on the spot; he plays something, and then builds off of it.  No noodling.

agreed. 

edit - I do remember there was a time when you thought this jam was overrated, what changed?

WhatstheUse?

I thought I liked this jam.... but listening to it again now, I just hear a lot of noodleyTreywankery with really bad tone.
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 13, 2012, 01:18:08 PM
I thought I liked this jam.... but listening to it again now, I just hear a lot of noodleyTreywankery with really bad tone.

WTU HATES PHISH!!!!!!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

I thought I liked this jam.... but listening to it again now, I just hear a lot of noodleyTreywankery with really bad tone meh.

I think this is what you're saying.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

I think 12-18 minute segment are ultra boring, 24-27 minutes is awesome imo.  In other words, typical 2.0.  Some coolness, some blandness, and a propensity to take too long to get "there" 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

What  :phish: would you like to hear today? This guy has upped pretty much everything to youtube for your listening pleasure. All AUD's, obviously. Not always the best source. But it's all there... organized by year... easy as hell to find whatever show you're in the mood for.

http://aquariumproject.weebly.com/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gundo

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 13, 2012, 05:05:00 PM
What  :phish: would you like to hear today? This guy has upped pretty much everything to youtube for your listening pleasure. All AUD's, obviously. Not always the best source. But it's all there... organized by year... easy as hell to find whatever show you're in the mood for.

http://aquariumproject.weebly.com/
Thanks!

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on December 13, 2012, 01:25:36 PM

WTU HATES PHISH!!!!!!

I have no idea what to make of this. My mind is at a loss. Seriously confused right now.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 14, 2012, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on December 13, 2012, 01:25:36 PM

WTU HATES PHISH!!!!!!

I have no idea what to make of this. My mind is at a loss. Seriously confused right now.

TREY NEEDED MOAR DRUGZ!!!!
Bring in the dude!

jam>

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 20, 2012, 02:37:22 PM
pumping this right now!

Nice! I was at this one. Huge ice-storm we had to drive through coming from Colorado. Missed most of the 1st set. My first La Grange. Anyhow, watch Trey hold that single note for 3 minutes starting at 4:56!

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

kellerb

Quote from: jam> on December 14, 2012, 05:27:32 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 20, 2012, 02:37:22 PM
pumping this right now!

Nice! I was at this one. Huge ice-storm we had to drive through coming from Colorado. Missed most of the 1st set. My first La Grange. Anyhow, watch Trey hold that single note for 3 minutes starting at 4:56!

That one led me to 10-21-95 Hood "part 2"

Flattop Trey crushed it

khalpin

Sorry for the cross-posting.  This was in between periods of last night's Ranger game: