News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 3d Setlist and Reviews ***SPOILER ALERT!!***

Started by Undermind, April 20, 2010, 02:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Fuck that, I don?t get my second vax until 5/2. 

Just release a BD already, not in 3D. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

So. this is cool but I'm not gonna go.

Please release a 2D version of this shit, Phish band.

ETA:
On the other hand, this thread delivers.

VDB

Quote from: VDB on May 02, 2010, 12:52:10 PM
I never did any of the simulcasts so last night was my first Phish concert movie theater experience. I had trepidations about how well it would play out with strangers sitting around watching pre-recorded Phish. But it turned out I had a real fun time and was glad the wife came up with the idea to go. (Seriously!)

The sound started low but one of the 25-or-so dudes in the theater got them to turn up the volume twice during the showing. It got really loud in there and I was enjoying the rich and what I assume to be remastered mix.

With such a sparsely filled theater there was lots of moving about and dancing. We could get up and groove for a while, or kick back with our feet up for a spell when it felt right.

This was also my first 3D movie. It was novel and crisp and gave nice depth but all in all it was unnecessary, as some have noted above. This reinforced my position that I'm not going to waste money going to see other features in 3D in the future.

Don't let the staid review fool you. There were smuggled beers, bumps with strangers, and someone making confetti out of the barrel's worth of leftover popcorn that he brought into the theater, in a huge clear bag, during the late loud portion of the evening.

So this is happening again, you say?
Is this still Wombat?

emay

If its at the Alamo near my house ill go, where did you see this announced?

Hicks

YouTube does not say anything about a re-release. 

I think Charlie is  :smoke: again. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Upon further review, the video was posted by the movie's YouTube account on April 26. Two-thousand ten.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on April 14, 2021, 01:10:29 PM
Upon further review, the video was posted by the movie's YouTube account on April 26. Two-thousand ten.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on April 14, 2021, 01:04:49 PM
YouTube does not say anything about a re-release. 

I think Charlie is  :smoke: again.

Yup. Although I blame reddit ... https://old.reddit.com/r/phish/comments/mqpl04/phish_suzy_greenberg_from_phish_3d_in_theaters/

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.  :shakehead:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

* kellerb puts jacket back on, still playing guitar

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 14, 2021, 06:57:16 PM
Shit haha, I probably would?ve gone again.

Yep.

Local indy theater in VT has been renting itself out cheap for private functions lately, and I was instantly thinking about it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001