News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So they have been announcing the Dinner and a Movie shows on Fridays, until this weekend. They have not yet announce which show they are going to be showing on Tuesday yet and it's Sunday. Last night the Phish Facebook page created an 'Event' for this weeks Dinner and a Movie, which they have not done with the past 9 Dinner and a Movies.

This makes me think 1 of three things is happening.

1.) (This is the most unlikely) They will play a live set with no crowd. (I really doubt this one as they are not all together right now.)

2.) They are working hard to make sure that the video, and merch,  for some amazing 1.0 show is up to snuff and ready to go.

3.) (The one I hope is happening) They are giving us another 1.0 show, but it's going to be a surprise. They will not announce what show it is before it starts. So it can be like an actual Phish show where you go in not knowing what will be played!

Thoughts?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

As much as I would love a live show at the barn or whatever. I really like the third option. In fact now I want that option the most.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

ytowndan

Option 3 would be great. 

As for the possibility of a remote show, is the technology good enough for them to play from their own homes/studios? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mattstick

I've been told there is now a Facebook event for 830 EST Tuesday.  Probably just a little late with the merch and/or finishing up work on video processing.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Quote from: ytowndan on May 24, 2020, 11:01:51 AM
Option 3 would be great. 

As for the possibility of a remote show, is the technology good enough for them to play from their own homes/studios?

Trey is still in NY so doubtful they would play a Barn show, but maybe.  But yes, I think the technology is totally there.  Post Malone (don't laugh) did a Nirvana tribute with 3 other remote musicians and it was actually really good.  You would think there would be lag or some sort of bandwidth thing that would cause everything to be at least a little out of sync (which would bite, obv) but it was solid.  I also saw the thing the Stones did and while that was a little rougher (and Charlie Watts wasn't really playing) it came out OK.  So, they could do it for sure.  If it wasn't for the FB page, I would say that them scrapping it all together would be option number 4 but that's not likely.  But, how long can they go on with it?  According to half the USA, the corona is over  :|

emay

I could see some type of remote set. I guess they could play some remote pre recorded thing they put together over the weekend too.
More 1.0 archive vids tho!!

PIE-GUY

Bubbles officially bursted.

https://www.facebook.com/6458611289/posts/10156916820971290/

This Tuesday's Dinner And A Movie features Phish's December 29, 2018 show from Madison Square Garden. The full show will play this Tuesday at 8:30PM ET at webcast.livephish.com or here on Phish's Facebook page. And for this week's recipe, Mike Gordon shares a vegetarian ramen recipe from Gaku Ramen in Burlington, VT.

A HUGE thanks to all of you that have donated to the various non-profits that The WaterWheel Foundation has partnered with these past nine weeks. Together, the Phish community has raised over $265,000 for those in tremendous need right now.

This week, we have selected the Afya Foundation as our beneficiary. Donate any time at phish.com/waterwheel. Afya's primary mission is to improve global health by rescuing surplus medical supplies and delivering them to underserved health systems around the world. During the COVID-19 crisis, Afya has turned their focus and is delivering PPE to New York healthcare workers, with a special focus on healthcare systems supporting vulnerable populations. For more info, visit Afya Foundation - The Official Page.

A Note From Mike:

For the musician on the go, or, ahm, the musician on the stay-at-home, or for the anyone on the anywhere, ramen can be a great option. For example, when I'm staying in Portland, Oregon it's been a tradition to have the coconut curry ramen from Boxer Ramen. And here in Burlington, Gaku Ramen has been a great, delicious favorite. I love their Shoyu broth, and I add miso mushrooms and bamboo shoots as extras. Personally, I take the noodles out to honor my low starch diet, but we'll keep em in for y'alls's recipe! :). They've provided the recipe below.

Vegetable Shoyu Ramen
(Serves 4-5)

4.5oz ramen noodles (preferred brand is Sun Noodles)

Vegetable Stock
1 large onion, halved.
1 large carrot
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh ginger (2-3" of ginger root, peeled)
3 whole scallions, roughly chopped
3/4 cup Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce...any low sodium soy sauce also works)

For Toppings (toppings listed below are for individual bowls; multiply quantities as needed):
1/3 cup sliced green cabbage
1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
1/3 cup bean sprouts
1/3 cup corn kernels
1/8 cup chopped scallions
2 squares nori (dried seaweed in sushi grade sheets, cut to 1/4 size)

Make Vegetable Stock: Add onion, carrot, fresh ginger, garlic, and scallions to stock pot and fill with 7 quarts of water. Bring stock water to boil and then reduce to simmer for a minimum of 3 hours or until reduced by half. Strain stock. Add 3/4 cup Shoyu (more or less to taste) to the stock to finish the broth.

Cook 4.5oz noodles for 1 minute and 45 seconds in BOILING water for fresh noodles, 3-4 minutes for dry noodles. Stir noodles occasionally, strain noodles excessively. Put noodles in individual serving bowl and add 2 cups of veggie broth (broth should be about the level of the noodles). "Fluff" noodles using chopsticks to separate any noodles stuck together after straining.

Add veggie toppings, adjusted for taste and preference.

Enjoy piping hot!

Photo from 12/29/18 by Rene Huemer

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Hicks

Disappointing for sure, but this is a sick show and I guess they haven't done 2018 yet. 

Although an actual NYE show or Kasvot would've been cooler. 

Nevermind they did Alpharetta 18, yeah weird year to double up on.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on May 24, 2020, 02:16:09 PM
Disappointing for sure, but this is a sick show and I guess they haven't done 2018 yet. 

Although an actual NYE show or Kasvot would've been cooler. 

Nevermind they did Alpharetta 18, yeah weird year to double up on.
only reason I'm somewhat pleased is because I did a shit load iof 2018.

I'd rather have another 1.0, hell, even 2.0.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.