News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Live Bait Vol. 10

Started by emay, June 23, 2014, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

Quote from: mehead on June 23, 2014, 03:44:33 PM
No love for the connection?

:-P

You know, I think I've managed to entirely avoid listening to The Connection since Undermind came out.
I think I also thought it and Crowd Control were the same song.  :|
It isn't really that shitty a song, now that I'm hearing it again.
Not that it belongs on a Live Bait release though...
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

susep

Quote from: natronzero on June 24, 2014, 08:49:59 AM

You know, I think I've managed to entirely avoid listening to The Connection since Undermind came out.

as mehead knows I'm a big fan of The Connection:)  I do recall Fish speaking about it in the doc/dvd that came with Undermind back in '04(wow another 10 years...).  He said something about how cool of a song it was and how lucky he felt about being part of this stage of Trey's evolution as a guitarist and song writer.  I like the 19June09 version over this one, still cool to see it on here.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: susep on June 24, 2014, 09:17:37 AM
Quote from: natronzero on June 24, 2014, 08:49:59 AM

as mehead knows I'm a big fan of The Connection:)  I do recall Fish speaking about it in the doc/dvd that came with Undermind back in '04(wow another 10 years...).  He said something about how cool of a song it was and how lucky he felt about being part of this stage of Trey's evolution as a guitarist and song writer.  I like the 19June09 version over this one, still cool to see it on here.

That. Perfect phrasing from Trey in that version.

Also, nice Page gets a little space on this version of Connection, I'd forgotten about that.
Listened to alot of this at the gym today, really liked the Stash, the golden age of that song for me, and that SPAC show is the shit, could be an archival release of its own. Does anyone notice a significant drop in audio quality between this Stash and the other songs?
Happy to have this Bathtub, Tweezer, and especially the Mango now.

I also think they should stop dicking around and just release the ATL 99/00 shows as a box set. Songs from those shows pop up consistently in these releases and the FTA's, I think they would sell well.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VDB

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 24, 2014, 10:42:27 AM
I also think they should stop dicking around and just release the ATL 99/00 shows as a box set. Songs from those shows pop up consistently in these releases and the FTA's, I think they would sell well.

Yessir. Would buy for the 6/24/00 Tweezer alone.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Yeah, same with the MPP '00 show. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 24, 2014, 02:09:08 AM
Man, I love this Tweezer.  Totally forgot I actually have three Soundcloud accounts. Shared it on the interwebs,

http://werksman.blogspot.nl/2014/06/phish-live-bait-vol-10.html

Thanks...this enabled me to give it a listen on my morning commute today.  Hearing the soundboard made me realize how much I miss 95  :phish:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Marmar

Quote from: PG on June 23, 2014, 03:30:44 PM
This Tweezer is the real deal. Serious business.

I've got footage of that Tweezer.....here is a copy from YouTube....

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.