News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

I custied up for the 69.  Love that DP, so good.

Been picking up a few good things lately, maybe I'll post a pic.  New Dogwood Tales showed up as did Rose City Band, got some OG James Brown (Mother's Nature and Popcorn LP, first presses/promos), got Velvet Undergound Velvet Underground (early 80s/85 press) which I needed, got a Aceyalone double 12"  which is great, a VU boot..bunch of other shit too.  Now I need to find time to listen to it.  Thanks to RJ for turning me onto Dogwood Tales, that shit is awesome.  They only pressed a 100 and were down to like 10-15 this week so go get one at WarHen's Bandcamp

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 23, 2020, 10:35:02 PM
I custied up for the 69.  Love that DP, so good.

Been picking up a few good things lately, maybe I'll post a pic.  New Dogwood Tales showed up as did Rose City Band, got some OG James Brown (Mother's Nature and Popcorn LP, first presses/promos), got Velvet Undergound Velvet Underground (early 80s/85 press) which I needed, got a Aceyalone double 12"  which is great, a VU boot..bunch of other shit too.  Now I need to find time to listen to it.  Thanks to RJ for turning me onto Dogwood Tales, that shit is awesome.  They only pressed a 100 and were down to like 10-15 this week so go get one at WarHen's Bandcamp

Dogwood Tales is gone.
I put it on the other day, a couple people I know saw it and bought the last ones.
If He gets enough digital sales, I think he's into doing another pressing. Would be worth it. I think it's a great album.

I've gotten a lot of records lately. Preorders and Discogs all came in the same week:

Dylan - R&RW
Matt Lajoie - Everlasting Spring
ML WAH - Deep Roots
Rose City Band - Summerlong
Dogwood Tales
Jim O'Rourke - Shutting Down Here
William Tyler - First Cow
Skiffle Players - Skiff
couple of Michael Hurley albums
and half a dozen blue grass records from Slim Ritchie's Jam Grass to Dan Huckabee's Acoustic Steel.

That's just this week.

mopper_smurf

Pre-ordered this one. Porcupine Tree: Pure Narcotic - Acoustic Session 2012

QuoteA limited 180g blue vinyl release collecting Porcupine Tree's final recordings to date.

When the Octane Twisted live album was put together in 2012, the plan was to include several recordings from the band's Royal Albert Hall acoustic set. Unfortunately, the recordings contained too many technical issues and the band elected to make studio versions of the songs in the way they had been performed on the night. Work wasn't completed in time to be included on Octane Twisted, and the recordings were shelved until release earlier this year on the official Porcupine Tree Bandcamp page. Due to overwhelming demand they are now released on physical format for the first time.

3000 copies on blue vinyl, limited to 1 copy per person. All orders will come with an exclusive Burning Shed postcard.

https://burningshed.com/porcupine-tree_pure-narcotic_blue-vinyl
https://porcupinetreeofficial.bandcamp.com/album/pure-narcotic-acoustic-session-2012

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

This guy has a lot to say about MMJ, especially interesting comments regarding the master tapes and originals vs the music matters versions. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Hicks on July 28, 2020, 12:38:36 AM
This guy has a lot to say about MMJ, especially interesting comments regarding the master tapes and originals vs the music matters versions. 

Thanks!
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

That guy is great, telling it like it is.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Multibeast12

I was watching a bunch of that guys videos and I was wondering, is it common practice to store your vinyl outside of the cardboard sleeve? Do any of you guys do that?

Hicks

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 28, 2020, 03:17:13 PM
I was watching a bunch of that guys videos and I was wondering, is it common practice to store your vinyl outside of the cardboard sleeve? Do any of you guys do that?

I dont, but if it's an older sleeve I can see how it would keep it from splitting. 

These days some people are shipping unsealed records that way and if the records are protected it makes sense. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 28, 2020, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 28, 2020, 03:17:13 PM

I dont, but if it's an older sleeve I can see how it would keep it from splitting. 

These days some people are shipping unsealed records that way and if the records are protected it makes sense.

Yeah, typically, it's for shipping.  When a record comes like that though, I usually leave it like that because it makes it way easier to get the record out rather than taking the whole dustjacket out of the poly sleeve. Downside is that you can't see the back of the jacket that way.  For storage purposes, I don't think one way is better than the other though I keep most of my records like that because it's just easier.  Especially on double LPs like Exile that you insert the record inside the fold out.  Those are such a pain, I just leave the records out.

PIE-GUY

I'm kind of a classical guy, I guess. I like to interact with the packaging as intended every time. I know it may be less than ideal in some cases... I may be causing more wear and tear... it's sometimes a pain in the ass... but I have no intention of selling my vinyl so I'm not worried about value. They are meant to be played and played with as designed, so I do just that. I dig the format exactly for that type of interaction with it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I get plenty shipped that way but I only leave it if the jacket is beat up. I find the turning the inner sleeve sideways to the record slips easily in and out and keeping a poly sleeve over it reduces wear for most part.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 29, 2020, 08:19:27 AM
I'm kind of a classical guy, I guess. I like to interact with the packaging as intended every time. I know it may be less than ideal in some cases... I may be causing more wear and tear... it's sometimes a pain in the ass... but I have no intention of selling my vinyl so I'm not worried about value. They are meant to be played and played with as designed, so I do just that. I dig the format exactly for that type of interaction with it.

I'm in this camp as well. I guess if I was shipping and receiving more, I may go the other route but most of what I buy stays in the collection.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Multibeast12

Recently grabbed
Ghosts of the Forest
Destroyer - Streethawk: A Seduction
Destroyer - Thief

Very excited about these new additions.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 29, 2020, 12:42:12 PM
Recently grabbed
Ghosts of the Forest
Destroyer - Streethawk: A Seduction
Destroyer - Thief

Very excited about these new additions.

GOTF sounds amazing.  I ended up with number 01234 which gave me a chuckle.

PIE-GUY

Man, I missed the boat on GOTF... anybody got a line on one?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul