News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-12-28 - MSG - NY,NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 29, 2018, 12:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

12-28-18
MSG
NY, NY

I: WACTOOB, Martian Monster, Axilla, Free, Wedge, Meat, Ghost>Sparkle, If I Could, Maze, WOTC

II:  Set Your Soul Free, Swept Away>Steep, The Final Hurrah, Fuego, Shade, Bathtub, Possum

E:  BATR, Slave

ph92

I had fun for sure. Nothing super crazy. Just a solid show. The meat got pretty interesting for sure, and the slave was really nice.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

anthrax

my 12/28 show expectations are never too high, and this way exceeded that.  i never would have thought they'd open with a halloween tune and then play a 2nd one in the first night.  i guess i shouldn't be too surprised given how often trey played them on his solo tour.  just shows how much they (and we) love those tunes.  finally, a new phish album that we can all agree on!!  haven't said that in 20 years!!  :rawk:

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on December 29, 2018, 08:16:21 AM
my 12/28 show expectations are never too high, and this way exceeded that.  i never would have thought they'd open with a halloween tune and then play a 2nd one in the first night.  i guess i shouldn't be too surprised given how often trey played them on his solo tour.  just shows how much they (and we) love those tunes. finally, a new phish album that we can all agree on!!  haven't said that in 20 years!!  :rawk:

Even tough it technically was a cover, I consider the Thrilling, Chilling Sounds set to be an original Phish album too.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

As someone who will not be there until the 30th, I approve of this early playing of Soul Free.  :samurai:
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on December 29, 2018, 08:40:09 AM
As someone who will not be there until the 30th, I approve of this early playing of Soul Free.  :samurai:

:clap:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2018, 08:40:09 AM
my 12/28 show expectations are never too high, and this way exceeded that.  i never would have thought they'd open with a halloween tune and then play a 2nd one in the first night.  i guess i shouldn't be too surprised given how often trey played them on his solo tour.  just shows how much they (and we) love those tunes. finally, a new phish album that we can all agree on!!  haven't said that in 20 years!!  :rawk:

Even tough it technically was a cover, I consider the Thrilling, Chilling Sounds set to be an original Phish album too.
No lyrics, so it's much less of an album in my book

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on December 29, 2018, 11:21:59 AM

I equate it to the Groovatron album 'Marionette', but more 'phishy'.

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2018, 11:50:12 AM

Whoa! Blast from the past! You know that album?! Or...In The Machine...that's the instrumental album.

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on December 29, 2018, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2018, 11:50:12 AM

Whoa! Blast from the past! You know that album?! Or...In The Machine...that's the instrumental album.

Yeah, I love both the albums, and In The Machine is the one I was thinking of. I used to have another one on cd that I don't remember the name of, but it had a picnic basket on the cover I think.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie