News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Which night was your favorite of the Baker's Dozen?

Started by Gundo, August 16, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 27, 2017, 11:48:50 AM

I think the best jam of the run goes to the ASIHTOS.  They got to a completely new/unique musical space that wasn't just your average 3.0 major rawk/peak jam. Good stuff.

I could not agree more. Everyone talks about Type II jamming, but there was a time when that truly meant "on the fly" composition not "just" modulating key and tempo. The ASIHTOS was the first time in a long time I'd call it true Type II in the 1.0 sense. I just relistened yesterday and it blew me away again.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 27, 2017, 12:03:12 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 27, 2017, 11:48:50 AM

I think the best jam of the run goes to the ASIHTOS.  They got to a completely new/unique musical space that wasn't just your average 3.0 major rawk/peak jam. Good stuff.

I could not agree more. Everyone talks about Type II jamming, but there was a time when that truly meant "on the fly" composition not "just" modulating key and tempo. The ASIHTOS was the first time in a long time I'd call it true Type II in the 1.0 sense. I just relistened yesterday and it blew me away again.

It reminded me of 94/95 Tweezer jams. Completely bizarre, unique and unpredictable music.

From 8:00-13:00 they are ab-so-fucking-lutely JAMMING! Type II as shit!
Bring in the dude!