News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 21, 2019, 04:52:16 PM
So what an awesome feeling in Canada these days, everyone seems to be okay with it.
My dad was crazy psyched to check out my plants.
I offered our 65 year old neighbour with MS a cookie for walking our dog each day.
It's just the way it should be frankly.

Excellent.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

It's Legalization Eve here in Illinois, and the new governor just pardoned 11,000 marijuana convictions, so that's cool.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2019, 07:28:24 PM
It's Legalization Eve here in Illinois, and the new governor just pardoned 11,000 marijuana convictions, so that's cool.

I envy you. I feel like I live in the 'shitty neighbor' state now that Indiana is surrounded by legalization.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 31, 2019, 09:27:23 PM

I envy you. I feel like I live in the 'shitty neighbor' state now that Indiana is surrounded by legalization.

Oh, you always have.   :-P
Just come over here for your weed and we'll keep coming over there for our guns.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2019, 09:42:31 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 31, 2019, 09:27:23 PM

Oh, you always have.   :-P
Just come over here for your weed and we'll keep coming over there for our guns.

This is N'diana... nobody takes r guns!  :sbw:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

tet

NJ is legal now, which is pretty fucking awesome. No shops for a while I'm sure, but I've made drives to Mass. and now don't have any fear once I cross the border here at least. It does seem like 'gifting' might be a gray market for a bit, we'll see if that really picks up - would love to just get deliveries!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on February 25, 2021, 10:15:10 AM
NJ is legal now, which is pretty fucking awesome. No shops for a while I'm sure, but I've made drives to Mass. and now don't have any fear once I cross the border here at least. It does seem like 'gifting' might be a gray market for a bit, we'll see if that really picks up - would love to just get deliveries!!

I visited Colorado between Legalization and Regulation. You would walk into a head-shop and spend $30 on merch, an overpriced shirt or bowl or what have you, and then they gave you the green for 'free'.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 25, 2021, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: tet on February 25, 2021, 10:15:10 AM

I visited Colorado between Legalization and Regulation. You would walk into a head-shop and spend $30 on merch, an overpriced shirt or bowl or what have you, and then they gave you the green for 'free'.

Yeah--buddy here in VT charged me $200 for consulting on my first grow (last year), with 6 clones gifted as free teaching materials, or something.

Also, next week is town meeting--lots of ballot questions about allowing retail cannabis sales, brick & mortar shops, etc. My town opted against even putting the question, but there'll be some shops opening near me soon enough.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

I know it's apples and oranges or wtv but here, all of the shops opened and didn't really have much repercussions in advance of legalization.
As far as I can tell, there is a serious grey area as far as a head shop and a gov't dispensary.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

tet

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 25, 2021, 10:26:35 PM
I know it's apples and oranges or wtv but here, all of the shops opened and didn't really have much repercussions in advance of legalization.
As far as I can tell, there is a serious grey area as far as a head shop and a gov't dispensary.

yeah i'm thinking of heading to a local shop where they have legit goods (they are official Pax store) because now i need a concentrate option, and hoping they have started already... it would not at all surprise me if virtually all of the head shops around here start to skirt the law a bit. NJ is not exactly the wild west, however, and the police are going to be itching to do something because arresting people for pot has been their biggest cash cow.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

saw somethin in the paper saying VA about to pass recreational.
19 year old slim never saw that comin.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 28, 2021, 11:00:21 PM
saw somethin in the paper saying VA about to pass recreational.
19 year old slim never saw that comin.

If (when) the Governor signs it, legalization won't be in effect til 2024.
Which means people of color will continue to be disproportionately prosecuted for something that has been legalized by the legislature.

Absurd.

Multibeast12

Cuomo must really be in trouble if he finally allowed Legal Weed in NY.