News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Corona Talk

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2020, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on March 24, 2020, 01:38:04 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on March 23, 2020, 10:29:59 PM
Quote from: anthrax on March 23, 2020, 07:08:33 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 23, 2020, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: anthrax on March 23, 2020, 06:31:30 PM
Quote from: GBL on March 23, 2020, 05:46:09 PM
Quote from: khalpin on March 23, 2020, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: emay on March 23, 2020, 03:40:49 PM
A lot of dispensaries are switching to call in/order online & curbside pick-up now. I used to walk to the one across the street from my house and now I have to drive around the block so they can hand it through the window, pretty convenient though!
That's pretty rough.  Just gotta roll with the punches in these difficult times.

Yeah, vibes emay
I cant believe its fucking 2020 and we still have to live like this...thoughts and prayers emay :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I just got back from my local dispensary and they wouldn't even let me smell the weed before picking out a strain! This has finally gone too far folks.  :crazy:

no joking here...better get on that shit...
Liquor stores, recreational dispensaries to close in Denver until mid-April
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/23/liquor-stores-dispensaries-closing-denver-shelter-in-place/

The Denver major just reversed this policy after he created dangerous runs on booze and weed, with lineups stretching around blocks while breaching social distancing guidelines. Dumb fuck....meanwhile in MA we are getting ready for several weeks of drunkenness not seen since a bunch of tea was thrown into the harbor.

We got this.  :beers:

Anyone interested in doing a paug zoom? Maybe take the LST thing to the next level for the free stream tomorrow night? I've been doing some zoom/facetime hangouts with friends and fam (and work, luckily) to keep my fucking sanity and to feel like I'm not drinking alone.

I wouldn't mind getting in on this. I've been having a few drinks with my wife each night and then having a loop jam in the basement pretty much every night to keep my sanity. We seriously stocked up before the isolation. I was pretty pumped when I saw the Jauntee doing the live feed on Saturday night.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

A lot of dispensaries are switching to call in/order online & curbside pick-up now. I used to walk to the one across the street from my house and now I have to drive around the block so they can hand it through the window, pretty convenient though!
That's pretty rough.  Just gotta roll with the punches in these difficult times.

Yeah, vibes emay
I cant believe its fucking 2020 and we still have to live like this...thoughts and prayers emay :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I just got back from my local dispensary and they wouldn't even let me smell the weed before picking out a strain! This has finally gone too far folks.  :crazy:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/23/liquor-stores-dispensaries-closing-denver-shelter-in-place/

The Denver major just reversed this policy after he created dangerous runs on booze and weed, with lineups stretching around blocks while breaching social distancing guidelines. Dumb fuck....meanwhile in MA we are getting ready for several weeks of drunkenness not seen since a bunch of tea was thrown into the harbor.

Anyone interested in doing a paug zoom? Maybe take the LST thing to the next level for the free stream tomorrow night? I've been doing some zoom/facetime hangouts with friends and fam (and work, luckily) to keep my fucking sanity and to feel like I'm not drinking alone.

Not a bad idea. I'm about to venture into the office for the first time in what seems like forever (which means I have to actually put pants on) so I will probably need a bit of that tonight.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 24, 2020, 09:37:21 AM

Yeah, vibes emay

Not a bad idea. I'm about to venture into the office for the first time in what seems like forever (which means I have to actually put pants on) so I will probably need a bit of that tonight.

Might could join for a bit.

mbw

susep

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 24, 2020, 07:28:20 AM

Yeah, vibes emay

I wouldn't mind getting in on this. I've been having a few drinks with my wife each night and then having a loop jam in the basement pretty much every night to keep my sanity. We seriously stocked up before the isolation. I was pretty pumped when I saw the Jauntee doing the live feed on Saturday night.

I finally got a looper, not sure why it took so long.  But, it came last week and it couldn't have come at a better time.  So much fun.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 25, 2020, 02:18:21 PM
I finally got a looper, not sure why it took so long.  But, it came last week and it couldn't have come at a better time.  So much fun.

Hours of fun, I could see myself eventually upgrading to a higher quality one down the road.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

I don't know about loops but I'm enjoying putting some original songs up on Instagram.

sls.stormyrider

Is there a way we can do something collectively remotely?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 25, 2020, 09:09:25 PM
I don't know about loops but I'm enjoying putting some original songs up on Instagram.

Yeah, they're great RJ. Thanks for sharing.

rowjimmy

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on March 25, 2020, 09:53:37 PM
Is there a way we can do something collectively remotely?

Have you guys heard of Splice?

https://splice.com/features/studio

Osiris did a podcast series on it and they even have a discount code so you can get it for free: https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/let-creativity-flow/

sls.stormyrider

Thanks, I'll check it out

One of my kits is electric - I'll have to see if I have the proper cable to connect to my MB. I'm sure that I do somewhere. If not, amazon is still delivering

behind on Instagram. Just checked out Cranes Song. Nice
:clap:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 26, 2020, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: sls.stormyrider on March 26, 2020, 11:49:44 AM
If not, amazon is still delivering

we are a little backed up right now. In Boston, we are around 10 to 15 days behind depending on the item. I'm getting close to 300,000 packages per week in my allocated areas; similar to Christmas volume. We'd be higher but are keeping/attempting to keep all warehouse personnel 6 feet from each other.

Yeah, I ordered Primus 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese' vinyl since it was $11 and I had a $5 credit in my Amazon account. I have an estimated delivery date of April 21st right now. But I pre-ordered a Broken Bells 7" that comes out on March 27th and it says I should have it by March 30th.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Oh Portland, you old so and so town.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

In a strange turn of events,  I'm somehow in charge of the hotel today. Thankfully only for a few hours though. With all the furloughs and layoffs we are running a skeleton crew and everyone higher ranking than me will be off today. We have our F&B Director, who was furloughed, coming in to be acting  GM on days like this, but he won't be there until noon. So I am 'Acting GM' for the first five hours today. Imma need a beer and a buzz after work today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.