News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random Picture Blowout 2020

Started by mopper_smurf, January 01, 2020, 12:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

If I only knew that 35 years ago
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 02, 2020, 04:07:57 PM
Seems pretty accurate...

That's the second time in two days I've heard Goose mentioned. I had never heard of them until yesterday. Are they any good?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Meh, GD is clearly a VW and Phish is a Subaru.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 04, 2020, 10:47:15 AM
Seems pretty accurate...

That's the second time in two days I've heard Goose mentioned. I had never heard of them until yesterday. Are they any good?

Probably deserving of it's own thread but.....  They are really riding a huge wave of popularity right now. I think it is probably comes down to personal opinion.  I don't like jamband music so my opinion is colored, but they are pretty decent. People go nuts for them and while they do jam, I'm not in the camp of "they are the second coming" or whatever.  Not my thing.  But they are certainly not bad and I would def rank them above Spafford and Twiddle, but less interesting than the Jauntee.  Worth checking out though and I would see them if they came to Portland.  They are coming to Portland but it doesn't work for me this time for a few reasons.  They have a bunch of multicam shows up on YouTube, so that's a good place to start.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 04, 2020, 12:42:46 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 04, 2020, 10:47:15 AM
Seems pretty accurate...

Probably deserving of it's own thread but.....  They are really riding a huge wave of popularity right now. I think it is probably comes down to personal opinion.  I don't like jamband music so my opinion is colored, but they are pretty decent. People go nuts for them and while they do jam, I'm not in the camp of "they are the second coming" or whatever.  Not my thing.  But they are certainly not bad and I would def rank them above Spafford and Twiddle, but less interesting than the Jauntee.  Worth checking out though and I would see them if they came to Portland.  They are coming to Portland but it doesn't work for me this time for a few reasons.  They have a bunch of multicam shows up on YouTube, so that's a good place to start.

I see that they played The Mousetrap here in Indy, the same venue that The Jauntee plays, twice last year. I may have to check them out if they come back.

Buffalo Budd

I've given Goose a concerted listen over the last 6 months or so and their vocals are far and away better than most bands in that genre.
They can't touch the Jauntee as far as improv goes though.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Their compositions run from bland to good. Their jamming doesn't captivate me at all. Their singing is better than a lot of the current wave of jambands but that bar isn't very high.

I'd see Jauntee over them any day and it isn't even close.