News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just binged Mando.
fucking perfect.
10/10.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ph92

The Mandolorian is easily the best thing Disney has done with the Star Wars IP since they bought it. This season was no slouch.

This sparked me to watch all the cannon Star Wars material, including the TV shows. I'm working my way through the newer Clone Wars series. Even though it's for kids it's really great so far. The one from Cartoon Network in the early 2000s was amazing as well, though. 

In comparison to Disney's sorry excuse for a continuation of the trilogies, the Prequels are actually pretty good. I take back all my rage when they were the "shitty" trilogy. I know a new definition for shitty.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Definitely don't sleep on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars mini-series and the 'movie'.
The 'for kids' element fades pretty soon in to theories and it's some great shit.
Rebels is similar. before the end of Season One, it finds its feet and by the end, it's actually pretty heavy and great. Ties in to a Mando and a lot of the upcoming stuff too, I suspect. Well worth the watch.

Here's the chronological sequence for Clone wars viewing, if that's your thing.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Also, the final season overlaps with Revenge of The Sith. I mean, there are scenes that are directly adjacent (within seconds) to scenes in the film. It's goddamned great.

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 05, 2021, 09:16:05 AM
Definitely don't sleep on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars mini-series and the 'movie'.
The 'for kids' element fades pretty soon in to theories and it's some great shit.
Rebels is similar. before the end of Season One, it finds its feet and by the end, it's actually pretty heavy and great. Ties in to a Mando and a lot of the upcoming stuff too, I suspect. Well worth the watch.

Yeah I'm only mid way through the first season of the clone wars series, so it still has the kids feel, which isn't the worst. I did not realize it was before the Revenge of the Sith, but I'll probably just rewatch that when it comes to it.

I was unsure about Rebels, but I'll give it a go as well.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

emay

cant forget about the Droids (theme by Stewart Copeland) & Ewoks (theme by Taj Mahal) series

rowjimmy

Quote from: ph92 on January 05, 2021, 05:28:49 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 05, 2021, 09:16:05 AM

Yeah I'm only mid way through the first season of the clone wars series, so it still has the kids feel, which isn't the worst. I did not realize it was before the Revenge of the Sith, but I'll probably just rewatch that when it comes to it.

I was unsure about Rebels, but I'll give it a go as well.

Oh, man. Revenge Of The Sith is the literal end of The Clone Wars.

Quote from: emay on January 05, 2021, 05:46:46 PM
cant forget about the Droids (theme by Stewart Copeland) & Ewoks (theme by Taj Mahal) series

Those are not canon.

emay

Yeah I was just reminiscing on those old, possibly forgotten, SW cartoons. Didn?t even see someone mention canon.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 06, 2021, 08:33:48 AM

Those are not canon.

Are the two Ewok movies, Caravan of Courage and The Battle of Endor, canon? I'm thinking of buying them on DVD since Dagny has never seen them and they are not streaming anywhere.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 06, 2021, 09:56:32 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 06, 2021, 08:33:48 AM

Those are not canon.

Are the two Ewok movies, Caravan of Courage and The Battle of Endor, canon? I'm thinking of buying them on DVD since Dagny has never seen them and they are not streaming anywhere.

per wookieepedia

As of April 25, 2014, the only previously published materials that are considered canon are the six Star Wars films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and Part I of the short story Blade Squadron. Meanwhile, the Expanded Universe is no longer considered canon[1] and was re-termed as the "Legends" brand. Most Star Wars material released after April 25, 2014?with some exceptions?is composed in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, making it part of the "new canon."

VA $l!m

been rewatching the last few seasons of clone wars... so fucking good.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

VA $l!m

anyone watched the anime series that just came out on disney i think??
looked real good in previews...

mistercharlie

Quoteanyone watched the anime series that just came out on disney i think??
looked real good in previews...
Some episodes are good, some meh, some not so good. All are between 10-15 minutes long.

Some of the art is awesome, some meh, some not so good.

The wife and I binged them all one afternoon.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I've watched most but not all. I'll come back when complete with some specific thoughts on each. But, so far, this assessment seems accurate:

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 05, 2021, 03:35:16 PMSome episodes are good, some meh, some not so good. All are between 10-15 minutes long.

Some of the art is awesome, some meh, some not so good.

VA $l!m

if i sub to disney plus for boba fett does only one episode come out a week or is whole series available right away?