News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1997/07/21 - Virginia Beach Amphitheater - Virginia Beach, VA - Not LST

Started by Hicks, May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I watched set two before my morning meetings. sofa king good.

Wish they could play a Bowie like that these days.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cactusfan

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on May 20, 2020, 12:59:44 PM
Great show

yea, that Bowie...

The Bowie is dynamite. So is the Slave.
Watched it late last night. They were so deep in the funk pocket back then, so excited to be playing that way.

So what's the story with the sax guy? Did they plan those shenanigans? Because the way it looked, Trey, perhaps noting how godawful boring the sax playing was and how it had sucked all the energy out of the room, just seemed to stick a soprano sax in the guy's mouth and start grabbing guitars.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 10:51:11 PM
That Trey with three guitars thing better be a gif by tomorrow.

I present to you "Tres Guitars"
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on May 20, 2020, 03:11:45 PM
So what's the story with the sax guy? Did they plan those shenanigans? Because the way it looked, Trey, perhaps noting how godawful boring the sax playing was and how it had sucked all the energy out of the room, just seemed to stick a soprano sax in the guy's mouth and start grabbing guitars.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

ph92

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 20, 2020, 11:15:05 AM
Yeah, I think I liked it more last night than when I was actually there lol.  I don't even think I ever went back to listen to it since attending.  Listened to 7/25 Starplex last night after this was over.  That's a tit ripper.
Listening to this now. Last night kicked off my journey to chronologically listen to all of summer 97. Been many years.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

anthrax

Quote from: ph92 on May 20, 2020, 03:46:56 PM
Yeah, I think I liked it more last night than when I was actually there lol.  I don't even think I ever went back to listen to it since attending.  Listened to 7/25 Starplex last night after this was over.  That's a tit ripper.
Listening to this now. Last night kicked off my journey to chronologically listen to all of summer 97. Been many years.

I think I may join you on this journey!

emay

Quote from: mbw on May 20, 2020, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 20, 2020, 03:11:45 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

This sounds about right.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on May 20, 2020, 05:57:02 PM

I did that last year but what the hell!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 20, 2020, 09:16:11 PM
Quote from: anthrax on May 20, 2020, 05:57:02 PM

I did that last year but what the hell!
can't hurt! Just got through 7/26. The timber through Free is money
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

susep

Been going through Fall 97, just made it through the first half(23 shows) of Fall '94 before that. 

Gumbo72203

That was fun!  I hadn't listened to this show in probably 10 years, at least.  I really like how Trey is liberally using the Leslie on it's slow setting - it gives his guitar that "windy" sound that is all over '99 and '00 also.  Love it. 

First set was a bit flat and the new songs need some time to gel, but that Gin was killer and the 2nd set was great.  I actually enjoyed Leroi's appearance. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 21, 2020, 01:37:38 PM
That was fun!  I hadn't listened to this show in probably 10 years, at least.  I really like how Trey is liberally using the Leslie on it's slow setting - it gives his guitar that "windy" sound that is all over '99 and '00 also.  Love it. 

First set was a bit flat and the new songs need some time to gel, but that Gin was killer and the 2nd set was great.  I actually enjoyed Leroi's appearance.

That Ghost opener sent a note of reply:

Hicks

Gumbo with the classic wtf take.

Don't ever change brah. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.