News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-03 - The Met (Philadelphia) - Philadelphia, PA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by shoreline99, December 04, 2019, 12:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Phish
The Met
Philadelphia, PA
12/3/19

Set One: Hello My Baby, Tweezer > Free, The Moma Dance > Tweezer -> Blaze On, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Kill Devil Falls > Tweezer > Ya Mar, Drift While You’re Sleeping

Set Two: Chalk Dust Torture[1] > Tweezer > Mike’s Song > Sparkle, Ass Handed > Weekapaug Groove, Miss You > Waves > Twist > A Day in the Life > Also Sprach Zarathustra > More

Encore: Waste > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Unfinished. Take that, MBW.

This show was simulcast on Sirius radio. Hello My Baby was performed for the first time since June 18, 2009 (417 shows). Jesus Just Left Chicago was played for the first time since October 22, 2014 (186 shows). Chalk Dust Torture was unfinished. Weekapaug Groove contained Ass Handed quotes from Trey, Fish, and Page.

ETA: :wtu:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

dang didnt realize Jesus just left Chicago was that big of a bust out.
2001 was groovin!

WhatstheUse?

So that experience did not suck.  I won't lie, it was almost hard for me to judge the music objectively, I was just having such a blast, so happy to be there, SO close... like 5th row, and surrounded by a bunch of pretty girls.  Venue was awesome. Got to check out the VIP area, met one of Phish's manager's, Jason Colton, and my friend had a wristband for an open bar  :beers:

I guess the music exceeded my expectations overall. Always fun bringing back the Tweezer, and I surely wasn't expecting a tweezers opener. 2001 got weird. Always love ya mar. Chalkdust jams rule. Ya know, Phish did Phish.

Also.... I think nearly everyone there got in! There was a wait list and I heard over 200 people w/o tickets or gust lists that got in.

Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Def heard there were tickets for everyone.  I got a text in the morning asking if I needed one and I need a little more than 8 hours to get to Philly lol.  Anyway, wasn't blown away by the show, probably in large part by the suck mix that Sirius was broadcasting.  The whole thing, especially Mike was just super muddy.  It's not often that the Mixlr stream is better than the official one.  Everyone that I know that went loved it.  Nothing too mind blowing to me but the 2001 was def spicy.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy