News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/21 Magnaball Night 1 - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 21, 2015, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 27, 2015, 12:11:24 AM
So, this was my first TMWSIY and Alvenu since 12/30/95 MSG. A gap of 93 shows.

I was very happy to hear it. Fucking thrilled.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 27, 2015, 12:11:24 AM
So, this was my first TMWSIY and Alvenu since 12/30/95 MSG. A gap of 93 shows.

I was very happy to hear it. Fucking thrilled.

Ha, I was quite happy too. I hadn't heard that one since 6/30/95 actually 12/28/96.

sunrisevt

I haven't mentioned it on the 'paug yet, but 1st set Friday definitely contained the absolute highlight not just of the show, or the fest, but of my entire summer, really. Those who were there know where I'm going here...

My mom went into labor at a  :syf: show in Oregon, August 1972. They eventually made it to the local hospital, and I popped out ass-first after a 36 hour breech labor at 10:26pm on 8/21/72.

:phish: has played the date a few times, but I was never in attendance until last week.

Turns out Eliza Anastasio shares my birthday.

So, when Trey brought his eldest out so the band & fans could sing for her, the entire Holmes family crew, the Montreal contingent, and a good # of my VT crew & hometown running partners were right there.

I didn't hear Eliza's name sung--I could barely hear the song, in fact: I was at the bottom of a pile of beautiful, loving people all trying to hug me closer than the next guy.

I'm taking that moment with me through this coming winter and keeping it in the back pocket of my heart for the rest of my natural life.

To paraphrase one of my heroes, I could give fuck-all if they flub improv transitions and miss changes. It's all about energy.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

khalpin

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

was listening to and singing Mock Song with my 8 yr old son last night, we were changing the lyrics, mocking each other.  at the end he asks, what was the name of that song Dad?  I told him interestingly its called Mock Song.   :-)

shoreline99

Listened to this first set while mowing the lawn yesterday. Brought me right back to an amazing weekend with some great people. Sofa king good.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.