News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/08 - ACL Festival - Austin, TX - Live Setlist Thread

Started by Undermind, October 08, 2010, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on October 08, 2010, 02:54:12 PM
I bet they play a new song to open up.  Curve ball.

nah, tour opener + festival = your standard opener (CDT, Bag, etc.)
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

qop24

yeah i doubt there will be any curveballs thrown this show, especially for the opener

keep in mind that this isn't only a phish crowd, they will want to draw some people in with more "accessible" stuff if that makes sense. Not that they won't try and play well or explore, they just might be keepin it tight and solid tonight.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

mehead

Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 03:10:50 PM
yeah i doubt there will be any curveballs thrown this show, especially for the opener

keep in mind that this isn't only a phish crowd, they will want to draw some people in with more "accessible" stuff if that makes sense. Not that they won't try and play well or explore, they just might be keepin it tight and solid tonight.

agreed..the "good stuff" will begin to appear in CO

blatboom

qop24

i wonder what the crowd will be like...i mean obviously there'll be a ton of phishheads out there but if it's like 50/50 i'd kinda be entertained if they play Wilson and half of the people yell back while the other half looks around in confusion
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

McGrupp

Quote from: qop24 on October 08, 2010, 03:19:18 PM
i wonder what the crowd will be like...i mean obviously there'll be a ton of phishheads out there but if it's like 50/50 i'd kinda be entertained if they play Wilson and half of the people yell back while the other half looks around in confusion

I thought that's what it was gonna be like at Bonnaroo, but it seemed like the concert grounds were pretty much flooded with heads for the phish shows...as I imagine they will be for ACL, too.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Quote from: blatboom on October 08, 2010, 03:16:17 PM
over/under better than the Bonnaroo long set?

That set was a lot of fun, especially on the heels of watching David Byrne.

But Phish is a better band now.

mistercharlie

I called a PYITE opener last night and also feel that Burn That Bridge will make it's Phish debut tonight.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2010, 03:27:06 PM
I called a PYITE opener last night and also feel that Burn That Bridge will make it's Phish debut tonight.

I hope you're wrong

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on October 08, 2010, 03:26:13 PM

true.  I don't know.. just not expecting much from them tonight.  a jam or two would be nice.

mehead

Quote from: blatboom on October 08, 2010, 03:29:10 PM

true.  I don't know.. just not expecting much from them tonight.  a jam or two would be nice.

exactly where I am about tonight

Hicks

I doubt tonight will have anything like the Roo DWD or KDF.

There might be a couple 10-12 minute jams though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

That was a really cool set. Pretty unique experience for 3.0

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Fireworks during the Wash Ufizi of YEM!

I really did love that show, but the SBD sounds SO bad - I begged Shaps for a re-master, I don't think he cared.

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on October 08, 2010, 03:38:41 PM

Fireworks during the Wash Ufizi of YEM!

I really did love that show, but the SBD sounds SO bad - I begged Shaps for a re-master, I don't think he cared.

Funny this got brought up today - I was listening to this set earlier. Can't STAND these sbds. Worst of the tour?

But yeah, some really great moments. Fireworks were amazing. For those that like the glowstick wars, there were some massive ones. KDF, DWD, as hicks mentioned, were big and psychedelic. Lots of fun at this show (that is, after I regained my sanity...)