News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: anthrax on December 08, 2020, 01:20:18 PM
QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/08/2019
NORTH CHARLESTON COLISEUM
North Charleston, SC
SET 1: Sigma Oasis[1], Buried Alive > Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One > Everything is Hollow, The Curtain > Mound, Brian and Robert, Crazy Sometimes > Frost, Breath and Burning > Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues > It's Ice > Walls of the Cave

SET 2: After Midnight, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan > Energy -> Soul Planet > Wingsuit > I Always Wanted It This Way, Petrichor > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Rise/Come Together

ENCORE: Pebbles and Marbles, Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1, Izabella, Chalk Dust Torture Reprise

[1] Phish debut.

This show featured the Phish debut of Sigma Oasis. Trey teased Plasma and The Little Drummer Boy in Buried Alive. The Curtain was performed for the first time since August 28, 2012 (270 shows). After Midnight was performed for the first time since September 6, 2015 (153 shows). Trey quoted Sigma Oasis at the end of Soul Planet. Trey teased Sanity before Pebbles and Marbles. Chalk Dust Torture Reprise was performed for the first time since July 11, 2000 (524 shows), started as Chalk Dust Torture, and ended with a Plasma tease.

forgive me, father, for i have sinned.  it has been 1 year since my last live show of any kind.  mirth, i still have your fall tour road map!  it's in good hands and will be yours...eventually!

cool man.

PIE-GUY

28 years ago was my first experience with true regret. I had tickets, a ride, and a free place to stay for this Roxy run and I didn?t go.  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Thanks for reminding me--a chick I probably could have hooked up with offered me a ticket for what must have been this run, and I didn't take it. I think I was too broke to make it work, or something. I was bumming around Sarasota, FL and needed to get back to Vermont and start working again.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

anthrax

^^^^^^
You guys need to start a "12, 13, 20 years ago we were NOT ....." thread.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on February 20, 2021, 06:54:51 PM
^^^^^^

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: anthrax on February 20, 2021, 06:54:51 PM
^^^^^^

Please do, I need to learn not to make these mistakes... Similar to the rookies who skip midwest phish, Alpine for example.

In about a week it'll be the last "real" show I saw. Carl Cox warehouse party here in Denver. I've been lucky enough to see a handful of jauntee shows, though.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

12 years ago, Phish came back.

Also, people of the Paug from all over the country (and Canadia) came together. I think that weekend brought us closer together... even those of us who didn?t make it to Hampton.

Magical weekend.

mistercharlie

Gonna give my 'Hampton highlights' a listen to celebrate. It's been a minute since I revisited those shows.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 06, 2021, 09:39:51 AM

Also, people of the Paug from all over the country (and Canadia) came together. I think that weekend brought us closer together... even those of us who didn?t make it to Hampton.

Magical weekend.

all my friends come backwards down the number line.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Not to mention, the birth of the LST. 

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2021, 11:56:57 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 06, 2021, 09:39:51 AM

Magical weekend.

all my friends come backwards down the number line.

<3

Wearing my Virginia Is For Lizards shirt today...

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 06, 2021, 04:27:01 PM
Quote from: khalpin on March 06, 2021, 04:18:31 PM
Not to mention, the birth of the LST.

....and sharts

Sharts existed before Hampton (don?t ask me for proof). Robot sharts did not, however.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sunrisevt

I was shut out of night 1, but inside for this & tomorrow's dates 12 years ago. Randomly met Gumbo, tet, & aug over the weekend.

Also, 29 years ago this weekend were my 2nd & 3rd shows ever--Portsmouth, NH to open the spring 1992 tour. Tons of debuts, was bafflingly awesome.

Holy shit do I feel old.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on March 07, 2021, 10:45:55 PM
I was shut out of night 1, but inside for this & tomorrow's dates 12 years ago. Randomly met Gumbo, tet, & aug over the weekend.

Also, 29 years ago this weekend were my 2nd & 3rd shows ever--Portsmouth, NH to open the spring 1992 tour. Tons of debuts, was bafflingly awesome.

Holy shit do I feel old.

(You are old)