News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/05 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, July 05, 2013, 11:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Phish
07/06/2013
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I
Kill Devil Falls, The Moma Dance , Sample in a Jar, Roses are Free > Birds of a Feather, Yarmouth Road*, Bathtub Gin, Nellie Kane, Army of One, My Friend My Friend, Cities > David Bowie

Set II
Energy** > Light > The Mango Song, 46 Days > Steam > Drowned > Slave to the Traffic Light

E
Character Zero

*New song, first time played
**Cover by The Apples in Stereo, first time played

antelope19

Looks like a fun show. I look forward to hearing the cities > Bowie, the new mike tune, and the new cover.

Here's tonight's print for those that missed it:

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

birdman

Way better than Bangor. Weird song selection but the jams were decent. We had a large Paug contingent rocking section 11. Thanks MBW.
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Tonight was great. Light-> mango and drowned highlights.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

really enjoyed everythin i heard, mostly the second set.
jus bummed by the whale effects, but otherwise some good groovy stuff.

looked like people were havin a blast under the pav.
should be a great weekend for yall, yay!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Quote from: birdman on July 06, 2013, 12:56:15 AM
Way better than Bangor. Weird song selection but the jams were decent. We had a large Paug contingent rocking section 11. Thanks MBW.

Nice. 

I thought they sounded good, and showed some willingness to get weird.  Just need trey to let it happen.

mehead

Quote from: mbw on July 06, 2013, 07:44:13 AM
Quote from: birdman on July 06, 2013, 12:56:15 AM

Nice. 

I thought they sounded good, and showed some willingness to get weird.  Just need trey to let it happen.

I couldn't have said it any better myself mbw.  Really thought Cities was going somewhere. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Multibeast12

The light was sick. After a solid first set I thought the second was a snoozer. It had moments but was just meh. There was kinda zero energy on the lawn.

sunrisevt

Second that--energy on the lawn was slightly off. I'm thinking it was the humidity.46 Days was sick.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Play_It_Leo

the fact that almost every poster  has had a different  favorite song from this show is probably an excellent sign.  can't wait to give this a listen.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

sophist

Yarmouth Road - I can't decide if it's chill as shit or douche chill inducing.  Maybe both for me.  I plan to peep energy as well as the Light jam.  Anything else?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

DoW

odd.  I though the energy didn't start until 2/3 of the way through Gin and carried through the 2nd set.
better than Bangor.  Light was really good.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

DoW

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2013, 11:20:50 AM
Yarmouth Road - I can't decide if it's chill as shit or douche chill inducing.  Maybe both for me.  I plan to peep energy as well as the Light jam.  Anything else?
they soundchecked it in Maine so I have heard it played twice.
I don't hate it but I'll pass.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sophist

Energy sounded good. I liked the segue into Light.  I would've loved to see Energy taken out for a ride for its FTP. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!