News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/26 - The Gorge Amphitheater - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by pcr3, July 27, 2013, 03:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Augustus

Quote from: mbw on July 29, 2013, 09:30:34 PM
Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 29, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
nothing but mapquest printout

this was your first mistake.

Printing out directions isn't gonna make Phish play like they did 15 years ago, dude.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Augustus on July 29, 2013, 09:38:28 PM

Printing out directions isn't gonna make Phish play like they did 15 years ago, dude.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Mr. Natural

Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2013, 08:16:23 PM
I couldn't believe how many songs they fit into the first set. SPLIT OPEN & MELT took me all over the place.
I'd been having a hankering for TWIST for the week leading up to the show, so I was pretty stoked on that.
This is where I started getting into the can-rock-concerts-effect-nature  :-o spookishness. There was already one fire on the ride up (nothing but mapquest printout = 3-hour re-route!); then another fire across the gorge on the other side once we got there, then they encore with FIRE. Saturday night, the gorge [the actual gorge, not the venue] was filling up with smoke and it was still blazing. By the time we left on Sunday you could barely see the other side of the Gorge and the sunlight was taking on a muted quality. Clearly, fire season and lack of rainfall and 96-degree temps are all that is needed to start a fire - but  :phish: doesn't need to encourage things, either. These re-routed Gorge commutes are startin' to cost me!

Should have taken the 12 to I-5, it only added like a half hour.

Which I totally did on the way back. (after a short, unexpected tour of Yakima). But on the way up there, I turned around and got back on the 14 east, which wound up having construction. I basically made a giant loop back to Yakima with the 395. Feeling like I was running late, I hovered around 80 mph for the rest of the ride - which is where my gas complaining comes in.
Oy, the travails.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

sophist

Quote from: Augustus on July 29, 2013, 09:38:28 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 30, 2013, 03:54:13 AM
Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2013, 08:16:23 PM
I couldn't believe how many songs they fit into the first set. SPLIT OPEN & MELT took me all over the place.
I'd been having a hankering for TWIST for the week leading up to the show, so I was pretty stoked on that.
This is where I started getting into the can-rock-concerts-effect-nature  :-o spookishness. There was already one fire on the ride up (nothing but mapquest printout = 3-hour re-route!); then another fire across the gorge on the other side once we got there, then they encore with FIRE. Saturday night, the gorge [the actual gorge, not the venue] was filling up with smoke and it was still blazing. By the time we left on Sunday you could barely see the other side of the Gorge and the sunlight was taking on a muted quality. Clearly, fire season and lack of rainfall and 96-degree temps are all that is needed to start a fire - but  :phish: doesn't need to encourage things, either. These re-routed Gorge commutes are startin' to cost me!

Should have taken the 12 to I-5, it only added like a half hour.

Which I totally did on the way back. (after a short, unexpected tour of Yakima). But on the way up there, I turned around and got back on the 14 east, which wound up having construction. I basically made a giant loop back to Yakima with the 395. Feeling like I was running late, I hovered around 80 mph for the rest of the ride - which is where my gas complaining comes in.
Oy, the travails.

But Yakima is so nice this time of year!    :wink:

Funny story, on the way up we went to a taqueria that clearly was the result of someone trying to funnel drug money into a legitimate business.   

It was the nicest taqueria I've ever seen complete with video menu (you know so you can see what your food looks like moving around before you order it), granite counter tops, changing LED mood lights and sliver faux-Victorian ceiling. 

It was like the MGM Grand of taquerias, in Yakima of all places. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 31, 2013, 01:31:49 PM
I like the placement of secret smile.

Definitely needed a break after Wilson> Possum, Tube.

Would have preferred a different ballad though, something like FEFY or Strange Design would have made it a basically perfect first set.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on July 31, 2013, 01:51:13 PM

Would have preferred a different ballad though, something like FEFY or Strange Design would have made it a basically perfect first set.

Yeah true, an If I could or FEFY would have been money. havent heard secret smile in a while though, I like the song. Forgot they busted that out so when it started up on the webcast video im watching it was a nice surprise.

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 31, 2013, 01:58:15 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 31, 2013, 01:51:13 PM

Yeah true, an If I could or FEFY would have been money. havent heard secret smile in a while though, I like the song. Forgot they busted that out so when it started up on the webcast video im watching it was a nice surprise.

Heh, I almost typed If I Could but if they had played that my head would have freakin exploded, and that would have been messy.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

Hicks

I'd also like to point out that the end of C&P and Twist is how you properly use the whammy pedal.

Far out spaces jams Trey, that's what that pedal was made for, not playing composed parts or scales. 

anthrax

nice show last night.  it was fun to revisit.  however, i'm not sure how it gets chosen for the dinner and a movie treatment. 

good to get these tuesdays back to "normal"

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on July 27, 2013, 03:01:02 AM
Stepping in for bvaz, who seemingly had a disaster involving Racer 5s during the LST...

Ha! I'm just seeing this now, but those Racer 5s can sure sneak up on you! I just wish I could find Racer X again. I've only had that beer once. And really here in Indy I have a hard time finding Racer 5 anymore. All I ever seem to find is Racer 500, and it's not as good.

I'll pipe-in about the show once I watch it here in an hour or so.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.