News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/2 - Bill Graham Civic Center - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by whatapiper, August 03, 2013, 02:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 03, 2013, 04:14:59 AM
Wow, surprised you didn't dig this one Jeff.

First set was amazing IMO, best song selection of the tour, really. Meat...Roggae..Vultures...circus..

I also dug the 2nd set.....definitely nothing reached tweezer status from tahoe but it was so solid.

Caspian>farmhouse looks likes such a downerr but the farmhouse was SO GOOD. 

Bill Graham rules.

spoiled from Tahoe, I guess!  song selection was different for sure, but I needed them to kick it up a notch.  a pyite>dwd 2nd set opener had me ready to be blown away again, but it just didn't get me where I wanted to be.

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 03, 2013, 02:01:56 PM
WOTC encore is pretty sweet too. A scents encore would have been the tits though.

I really like that they're mixing up the lists more these days. Has wotc ever been played in the encore slot?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

Quote from: antelope19 on August 03, 2013, 03:23:49 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 03, 2013, 02:01:56 PM
WOTC encore is pretty sweet too. A scents encore would have been the tits though.

I really like that they're mixing up the lists more these days. Has wotc ever been played in the encore slot?

first time as an encore
-AD_

Thrillhouse

Thought this first set was fantastic stuff.  Great song selection and even better playing.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Itsnotanexperience

First set was fun and I loved the set selection.   Crashed before set II however.   

Gumbo72203

Very good show here, for sure.  Reba was pretty weak, though.  Nary a peak to be found, but the moving hand rights, and having jerked off, washes off. 

Roggae and Sand were really good, I really enjoyed both of those.  The 2nd set is a little weird for me....  it didn't get any momentum until Seven Below.  But what a hot mess of a wild Seven Below!!!!!!!!  Trey coventry'd the fuck out of it, and got weird with the jam.

Now, I'm going to talk about this jam because it was weird.  The 3 other guys in the band were raging hard, and Trey was messing around, trying to find something.  It was very messy, but I LOVED it because I could hear Trey's determination to discover something, anything... during the playing.  It resulted in some gnarly stop/start antics, and I liked that. 

Theme was okay, nothing terrible but not earthshattering.  Hood had some good moments, but really the stand out for me was the Farmhouse.  I don't know what it was about this version, but the jam was so smooth and relaxed and fucking chill.  Who knew Farmhouse could bring it like that?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jasonsobel

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 03, 2013, 06:12:35 AM
Quote from: sophist on August 02, 2013, 08:15:21 AM
yeah...pretty damn sure that quote is preserved for when Gumbo swoons over that 11 minute DWD that ripcords into Caspian that will drop this weekend

just thought I'd bring this quote over from the 7/31 post-show thread.  Sophist makes a pretty good call here, well in advance of the 8/2 show.  I haven't listened yet to hear if there was a ripcord or how bad is was, but I will note that the livephish song timings indicate that DWD was 14 minutes, not 11.

now that I've had a chance to listen to this DWD, I think it's fantastic.  and there is no ripcord to speak of.  say what you will about Prince Caspian, but I like it.
sing me back home before I die

PIE-GUY

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 05, 2013, 07:49:32 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on August 03, 2013, 06:12:35 AM
Quote from: sophist on August 02, 2013, 08:15:21 AM
yeah...pretty damn sure that quote is preserved for when Gumbo swoons over that 11 minute DWD that ripcords into Caspian that will drop this weekend

just thought I'd bring this quote over from the 7/31 post-show thread.  Sophist makes a pretty good call here, well in advance of the 8/2 show.  I haven't listened yet to hear if there was a ripcord or how bad is was, but I will note that the livephish song timings indicate that DWD was 14 minutes, not 11.

now that I've had a chance to listen to this DWD, I think it's fantastic.  and there is no ripcord to speak of.  say what you will about Prince Caspian, but I like it.

Oh, I'll say exactly what I will about Fuckerpants. I hate that bastard song.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jasonsobel

Quote from: sophist on August 05, 2013, 09:21:10 AM
So I should listen to the DWD -> Fuckerpants I called?

listen to the disease for sure.  your call for caspian.  I've been listening to the whole show of every show this tour.  they're definitely playing stronger at the end of the tour compared to the beginning (as usual).  If they practiced for a month, 8+ hours every day, imagine how great of a tour we'd see...

Superfreakie

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 05, 2013, 10:48:05 AM
If they practiced for a month, 8+ hours every day, imagine how great of a tour we'd see...

........it's called Fall Tour.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

jasonsobel

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 05, 2013, 11:01:20 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on August 05, 2013, 10:48:05 AM
If they practiced for a month, 8+ hours every day, imagine how great of a tour we'd see...

........it's called Fall Tour.

yeah, I'm psyched for Worcester :)

When summer tour was first announced, I thought it was strange that there was almost a month between LA and Dick's.  Now I'm glad that Dick's is a month after the rest of summer tour.  With fall tour dates so early, Dick's is almost halfway between summer and fall.  hopefully it'll be enough to keep them in high gear.

WhatstheUse?

Has everyone listened to this Farmhouse? It may be one of the best versions ever, IMO.
Bring in the dude!

emay

it was a real good one, remember saying that after the show that night. Comes close if not better than the Dicks2012 one.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!