News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Just seeing your Sugarbush writeup, Dave. Excellent.

As for me, my first show is today old enough to drink. Another geriatric milestone in my life.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

25 years ago today I was skipping the worst Sunday show to ever skip. The very last Dead show.  :syf: :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 09, 2020, 01:35:27 PM
25 years ago today I was skipping the worst Sunday show to ever skip. The very last Dead show.  :syf: :cry:

I skipped it too for Pearl Jam in Milwaukee.  :oops:

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on July 09, 2020, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 09, 2020, 01:35:27 PM

I skipped it too for Pearl Jam in Milwaukee.  :oops:

I skipped it because I was along for the ride with my family and had no choice.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

... -> MOBY DICK!

20 years ago today we were getting ready for one of the most fun shows. We got a Chalkdust Reprise in set I and the encore, and Set II was a HUGE "Dick Jam"!

QuotePHISH, TUESDAY 07/11/2000
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville, IN
SET 1: Ya Mar, The Moma Dance, Uncle Pen, Drowned, Chalk Dust Torture Reprise > Chalk Dust Torture, Theme From the Bottom > Cavern

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease -> Moby Dick > Down with Disease > Runaway Jim -> Moby Dick, Back on the Train -> Moby Dick > Back on the Train, Harry Hood > Moby Dick, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up > Moby Dick[1] > Hold Your Head Up, Character Zero

ENCORE: First Tube > Moby Dick > Chalk Dust Torture Reprise

[1] Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum.

In keeping with the theme of the second set, Hood included a Moby Dick tease. Trey introduced Fish as “Russell Crowe” during Terrapin. The Moby Dick inside of the HYHU jam featured Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum. The Chalk Dust Reprise was akin to the version last played on December 10, 1994 (391 shows), with the band singing the words “Chalk Dust Torture” over varied music. At the end of the encore, Trey joked that, if anyone missed anything, they should read the book or see the movie. Trey also teased Moby Dick at the end of the encore's Chalk Dust Reprise. Prior to this show, Moby Dick had not been played since November 29, 1997 (172 shows).

Scanned my ticket just the other day with a new scanner/printer my mother-in-law gave me.  Looking at my ticket 20 years later I realized that My Section and Row in the PAV were perfect for this show!!! Section D (ic) row K!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

Today is my 20th Phishaversary!   :banana:  :wtu:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

GBL

20 years ago was one of the hardest trips I've ever had, and was the last time I've ate mushrooms until about a month ago.

Tait and I split a 1/4 of shrooms, each shoving an eighth into a peanut butter sandwich about 15 minutes before showtime, and then ran to the venue to not be late, and as soon as we found a spot in the middle of the right side of the lawn we started tripping and the show started 5 minutes later

It was one of the most fucked up shows I'd ever seen, although only my 7th? So far at that point (10/1/99, 10/2/99, BC, 07/08/00, 07/09/00)..

I distinctly remember leaving the show and barely, barely being able to get down the stairs at the back of the venue, and when I did finally make it down the stairs I turned around and looked at everyone else struggling just like us.. lol
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: Bobafett on July 11, 2020, 09:41:09 AM
Today is my 20th Phishaversary!   :banana:  :wtu:

Helluva first show!

anthrax

Most of the time it's like...Damn, I cant believe it's been 10 or 20 years, but it feels a lot longer than 3 years ago that the Bakers Dozen kicked off.  Such an amazing part of phishistory!

mistercharlie

Happy 27th Phishiversary to me!

Just sat down at my desk at work and threw the Murat '93 show on to celebrate!  :music: :phish:

susep

It was twenty years ago today...

Hit up 09/12/00 w/ some buds from college.  Knowing this would be their last tour for awhile, anticipation and excitement was pretty high.  Quick ride down 95 on a beautiful, pleasant late Summer day.  Loved seeing the Tweeter Center sign turned into Tweezer Center.  Security was insane.  A steady rotation of cops who were aggressively seeking to bust.  Inside was like a womb, lawn full.  Really great crowd as always.  High energy.  Loved First Tube as much as the previous version I had seen, 12/07/99.  The DwD that opened set two was monstrous featuring a lot of type I Trey before settling into a long funk groove.  Mike completely at home.  2001 > Mike's Groove was a nice sequence w/ Coil being a perfect encore.  Last Phish show for me until IT.

GBL

Saw my first Vegas show 20 years ago yesterday

Show was amazing until the end of the second set

Either way was a sick run

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on September 30, 2020, 10:31:58 AM
Saw my first Vegas show 20 years ago yesterday

Show was amazing until the end of the second set

Either way was a sick run

This gets less play from me that some of the shitty 80's 5th gen auds in my collection. An absolute disaster! Not to mention... I hate Kid Rock!

GBL

Kickdown City for these two shows, though