News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2020-02-20 - Moon Palace - Cancun, Quintana Roo, MEX

Started by mbw, February 21, 2020, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
02/20/2022
MOON PALACE
Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico

SET 1: Torn and Frayed > Ghost > Free, Shake Your Coconuts[1], Victim, The Moma Dance > Gotta Jibboo, Shade, The Landlady > Destiny Unbound, Steam > Crosseyed and Painless > Run Like an Antelope > Cavern > Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1 > Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.

ENCORE: You Enjoy Myself

[1] Lyrics changed to "It's Phish in Mexico time."

mbw

Only caught the Torn > Ghost > Free and it was a pretty sweet opening trio.

anthrax

yep...they came out swinging with the first 3.  shake your coconuts was not good.  loved the return of landlady>destiny!

emay

good opener. Shade baby!

cant believe I havent caught a YEM since Bakers Dozen :'(

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

it was a gift!  wasn't supposed to happen at all.  best gift ever.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on February 21, 2020, 06:54:47 PM
Why was it only one set?

The Mexico shows were only 3 days in the past. This year they added a 4th day with a 'welcome set'.

Which doesn't answer the 'why' exactly... but... that was the plan.
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 21, 2020, 08:38:47 PM
Quote from: Hicks on February 21, 2020, 06:54:47 PM
Why was it only one set?

The Mexico shows were only 3 days in the past. This year they added a 4th day with a 'welcome set'.

Which doesn't answer the 'why' exactly... but... that was the plan.

I think "because" is a sufficient answer.

Gumbo72203

Pretty decent playing for the opening run.  That Free is fun.  You can really hear Mike's fucked up pedal though haha, that thing has trouble tracking and you get that glitchy distortion. 

Landlady > Destiny was fun.  Glad that got one more trip out.  The slower tempo sometimes gets to me, but they played well. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

I do love a good Torn and Frayed. That'd be sweet if they brought it back to regular rotation.
Bring in the dude!

Multibeast12

Rocked this today. Sold stuff. The highlight was easily the Torn and Frayed > Ghost > Free. Really enjoyed that Free jam.

pcr3

Finally getting around to listening to these shows.  I'm 99.99% sure that the jam that starts at around the 9 minute mark of Free is Hallucinate a Solution by Circles Around the Sun.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Quote from: pcr3 on February 25, 2020, 03:44:04 PM
Finally getting around to listening to these shows.  I'm 99.99% sure that the jam that starts at around the 9 minute mark of Free is Hallucinate a Solution by Circles Around the Sun.

They're actually remarkably similar. But it's Shipwreck as performed by the Phish band on 10/31/14... prior to the formation of Circles Around The Sun.

sunrisevt

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 26, 2020, 03:51:01 PM

They're actually remarkably similar. But it's Shipwreck as performed by the Phish band on 10/31/14... prior to the formation of Circles Around The Sun.

Can confirm.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

shoreline99

It's pretty close.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.