News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-7-2 SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mehead, July 03, 2019, 08:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Set I: Cathy's Clown#, Tweezer Reprise > Carini > AC/DC Bag > The Moma Dance > Theme From the Bottom, Meat, Home > Bathtub Gin > Walls of the Cave

Set II: Cool Amber and Mercury > Down with Disease > Scents and Subtle Sounds (w/ intro) > Twist > Wilson > Scent of a Mule*, Fuck Your Face > Halley's Comet > Harry Hood

E: Fee, A Life Beyond The Dream, First Tube

# Phish debut
* lyrics changed on outro verse to Cathy's Clown lyrics
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

This is a good phish band concert.
I know some people don't like Scent of a Mule, especially in the 2nd set, but Trey had been toying with that donkey braying lick since Camden so Mule seems like a logical pick.
Besides it's 7 minutes in a barn burner set (and I don't hate it.)

Cathy's Clown in the first had something to do with Mike's clown fish pants? Okay. Whatever. The show launches in with a sick Tweezer Reprise > Carini > Ac/Dc Bag > Moma > Theme block. That's a bangin' start. Meat is too rare. Home has a sick  #microjamTM then tight Gin > WOTC makes for a nice wrap up.

DWD > Scents (with Intro!) > Twist > Wilson was a smokin' segment. If you Like Scent, or needed to pee, then the placement was, imo, solid. FYF > Halley's > Hood to close? shit yeah.

Trey fucked up the words to Fee but that's what he does now and it was fine and funny. Especially as he played a lovely A Life Beyond The Dream after. First Tube closed and was, as far as I can recall, standard awesome.

mehead

The F bomb Trey drops during the butchered Fee is hilarious.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sunrisevt

rj's commentary matches well with my experience on the lawn last night.

This was a straight ripper and the band was having a blast. Fish jumped the gun in Moma—started singing way too early—and the band goofed on it while they played into the proper start.

During the brief jam in First Tube, Trey was all giddy energy—chased Mike around, whispered to him, then ran a lap or two around the stage while ripping on the 'doc.

I had a fuckin' blast.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

emay

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2019, 08:40:46 AM
I know some people don't like Scent of a Mule, especially in the 2nd set, but Trey had been toying with that donkey braying lick since Camden so Mule seems like a logical pick.

Cathy's Clown in the first had something to do with Mike's clown fish pants? Okay. Whatever. The show launches in with a sick Tweezer Reprise > Carini > Ac/Dc Bag > Moma > Theme block. That's a bangin' start. Meat is too rare. Home has a sick  #microjamTM then tight Gin > WOTC makes for a nice wrap up.

DWD > Scents (with Intro!) > Twist > Wilson was a smokin' segment. If you Like Scent, or needed to pee, then the placement was, imo, solid. FYF > Halley's > Hood to close? shit yeah.

Trey fucked up the words to Fee but that's what he does not and it was fine and funny. Especially as he played a lovely A Life Beyond The Dream after. First Tube closed and was, as far as I can recall, standard awesome.

Is that supposed to be funny?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Looks like a fun one!

Quote from: mehead on July 03, 2019, 09:06:16 AM
The F bomb Trey drops during the butchered Fee is hilarious.

so hilarious  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 03, 2019, 10:55:40 AM

Trey fucked up the words to Fee but that's what he does not and it was fine and funny. Especially as he played a lovely A Life Beyond The Dream after. First Tube closed and was, as far as I can recall, standard awesome.

Thank you for laughing at my subtle comedy joke.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 03, 2019, 12:40:30 PM

I thought it was very well done...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: tet on July 03, 2019, 12:48:19 PM

:-D
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

The steaks are too high with this show to be making bad jokes.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on July 03, 2019, 01:39:57 PM

The steaks are too high with this show to be making bad jokes.
Steaks?
Don't cheese me off, buddy.

Anyway, here's today's quick hit: https://hfpod.simplecast.com/episodes/quick-hit-spac-7-02