News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-30 BB&T Pavilion - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, June 30, 2019, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

SET I: The Curtain With > Fast Enough For You > Buried Alive, Camel Walk, Reba, Sample in a Jar, Pebbles and Marbles, Tela > The Mango Song, Driver, David Bowie

SET II: Mr. Completely > Twenty Years Later > Big Black Furry Creature From Mars > Tweezer > Shade > Most Events Aren't Planned, Makisupa Policeman > Chalk Dust Torture > Suzy Greenberg

E: Punch You In The Eye > What's The Use? > Julius
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

That was a great fucking show start to finish. No lows. All highs. And long as fuck, too. They were off stage at 11:15 Saturday night. They didn't walk off until about 4 minutes til midnight tonight. A barnburner!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Jesus Christ.  First good show in a minute.  Charlotte was solid but this was next level.  Smoker!

cactusfan

Looks awesome. Can't wait to dig in.

Of note, first show of the tour with neither Kasvot nor Ghosts songs.

mbw

I picked the right night to pony up for the stream.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mbw

Quote from: McGrupp on July 01, 2019, 09:26:12 AM
pretty much a perfect 1st set

I take back my lst comment that it was low energy.

rowjimmy

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Bobafett

After listening to the Mixlr stream last night, I dreamt that mike and I were having sushi overlooking Normandy beach as d-day was transpiring.

Weird.

I mean he was dropping some serious bombs.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...
Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 01, 2019, 11:23:03 AM
Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: shoreline99 on July 01, 2019, 11:29:10 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 01, 2019, 11:23:03 AM

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.

Hell yeah we did  :rawk:

Which also led to the Tweeprise opener at the next show, SPAC....... hmmmmmmmm.......  :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

tet

haven't had a chance to listen to last night again yet, but any idea what licks Trey kept playing towards the end of the last few songs?  were they just signals to end the song, or was it some song i'm missing?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish