News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/11 - The Mann - Philadelphia, PA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 11, 2015, 11:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

spooky sounds in the beginning of ghost  :-o
they are having fun out there

rowjimmy

Bowie is short but sweet.
Fuego is solid and expansive.

WhatstheUse?

First set seemed so much looser than what I'm used to. No big jams but they were already improvising second song in!
Bring in the dude!

susep

The Martian Monster sequence is nice sans Axilla.  I enjoyed the spacey jams out of Fuego and 46 Days, kinda wish they extended 46 longer, maybe another time.  2001 is sweet, best of the tour so far.   

rowjimmy

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

jedifunk

really enjoyed this fuego on first listen ... not sure i like the song itself (seems very disjointed and cacophonous - almost hard to listen to) but the jam that follows is interesting and leads to some fun places.

on the downside, i really don't enjoy their decisions to ripcord out of jams, even 15 minutes in... back in the day, they were work their way out of a jam and find a way into something new. nowadays they simply cut out.... it drives me batty
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

blatboom

Nedstruzz

Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2015, 11:48:40 AM
on the downside, i really don't enjoy their decisions to ripcord out of jams, even 15 minutes in... back in the day, they were work their way out of a jam and find a way into something new. nowadays they simply cut out.... it drives me batty

It pains me.  The transition is the subtle part that made Phish amazing.

Don't get me wrong I still love the jams but the subtle nature of the transition is what made them The Phish.  Now their just Phish. Still great.  But not Jedi Great.

gah

Quote from: Nedstruzz on August 14, 2015, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2015, 11:48:40 AM

It pains me.  The transition is the subtle part that made Phish amazing.

Don't get me wrong I still love the jams but the subtle nature of the transition is what made them The Phish.  Now their just Phish. Still great.  But not Jedi Great.

The Truth. They speak it.

Nonetheless, I'll take Phish any day, even if it's not a Phish With.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio