News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-31 - Madison Square Garden New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, January 01, 2020, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on January 01, 2020, 06:43:49 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on January 01, 2020, 03:37:42 PM
Super low effort shirt I just threw together to make a quick few bucks on reddit.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/7418724-ph-nye-2019-stuck-trey

Ha. How're sales?

Sold 5 so far. And I just made a quick "Rescue Squad" shirt too!

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/7420594-rescue-squad-nye-msg-2019
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Would have been an ideal time to introduce There's A Path Above ie. High above gravity, turning in perfection. 

Caravan2001

I thought it was pretty sweet. We were about 10' off of the rail and had a huge crew down there with tons of space. Was a cool vantage point for the clone stuff. First set had some good stuff but the Wolfmans twist light or whatever it was was smoking, the twist especially.  Musically probably not as good as the 30th but really well played. I felt bad for trey but he handled it well. Imagine being on the biggest stage in the world on the biggest night of the year and that happens. Definite spinal tap moment.  All in all, MSG is still king and that was a very solid 4 show run. The end of New Years show was kinda rushed and weird due to the aforementioned but we had a blast. Love the backup singing from the clones.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 01, 2020, 09:18:28 PM
I thought it was pretty sweet. We were about 10' off of the rail and had a huge crew down there with tons of space. Was a cool vantage point for the clone stuff. First set had some good stuff but the Wolfmans twist light or whatever it was was smoking, the twist especially.  Musically probably not as good as the 30th but really well played. I felt bad for trey but he handled it well. Imagine being on the biggest stage in the world on the biggest night of the year and that happens. Definite spinal tap moment.  All in all, MSG is still king and that was a very solid 4 show run. The end of New Years show was kinda rushed and weird due to the aforementioned but we had a blast. Love the backup singing from the clones.

I think maybe I saw you on the webcast during the "note" part of YEM?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on January 01, 2020, 12:39:37 PM
They didn't have any safety gear and it was dicey for a while.

Trey was definitely nervous but they did have safety gear. Each band member was clipped in to their platform (confirmed via Mike's instagram story). The safeties worked and the platform did not fall but it was definitely uncomfortably askew.

We discussed it on the new HFPod:
https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/helping-friendly-podcast/helping-friendly-podcast-quick-hit-msg-nye-run-2019/

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 02, 2020, 09:35:25 AM

Trey was definitely nervous but they did have safety gear. Each band member was clipped in to their platform (confirmed via Mike's instagram story). The safeties worked and the platform did not fall but it was definitely uncomfortably askew.

https://www.osirispod.com/podcasts/helping-friendly-podcast/helping-friendly-podcast-quick-hit-msg-nye-run-2019/

Yeah, I saw that later.  Still scary!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

You can see it, at 6:32 in that video, where it abruptly stops. Trey grabs his mic stand then. Before that he and Mike were even but Mike keeps going.
At the time I think many of us wondered why Mike was higher, thinking THAT was the malfunction...

mbw

emay

couldnt stop thinking of that egg scene in Spinal Tap during the lift malfunction :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Must have been pretty scary for Trey but he played it off really well. Also it would be pretty weird to see that live on a head full.
Not my favorite NYE gag but pretty cool. As WTU said, no clone!?!

Happy New Year!

VDB

My viewing party regarded the Mike elevation as a joke about his stage platform.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on January 02, 2020, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 01, 2020, 09:18:28 PM

I think maybe I saw you on the webcast during the "note" part of YEM?

The camera is right there in my spot during that but I didn't see myself.  I'm probably somewhere on the cast though....It was great being close but the long shots look amazing on the video.

anthrax

dug that episode!  well done!!

PIE-GUY

OK - listening to Send in the Clones today I caught this. And it cracked my shit up...

Trey: Isn't it rich?
others: Isn't it rich?
Trey: Isn't it queer?
others: Isn't it queer?
Trey: Losing my timing this late in my career?
others: Speak for yourself!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: anthrax on January 02, 2020, 08:26:31 PM

dug that episode!  well done!!

Indeed.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy