News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/06 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 07, 2011, 02:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 07, 2011, 01:40:46 PM
And Hicks, I got $40 for your ticket.....

Cool, drive safe today and we'll hook up at some point. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

Went straight to the Tweezer and after the first run through:  not too shabby phish, not too shabby.

ETA:  Wtf is going on in the beginning of this sand?  :|
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mbw

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

cleech74

Had a great time in the LST, last night.  Had the sharts blaring from my computer speakers.  To resonate what has already been said, Wolfman's was fun, Fluffhead was done proper, and the Reba>Antelope was nice to close the set.  Didn't hear the encore, b/c I had to work at the O's game early today.

I'm sure those that were there had fun. :rawk:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

roggae

i'm proud to say i didn't LST for a change and i've now listened to the show twice without the LST coloring my opinion.  i think they played a fucking killer show.  cannot wait for UIC!
Clearly it's all awful.

cleech74

Quote from: roggae on August 07, 2011, 07:21:03 PM
i'm proud to say i didn't LST for a change and i've now listened to the show twice without the LST coloring my opinion.  i think they played a fucking killer show.  cannot wait for UIC!

Giving this a re-listen, now.  The energy seems to be there.  Good stuff, overall.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Caravan2001

Quote from: zimbra on August 07, 2011, 06:13:03 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 07, 2011, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: zimbra on August 07, 2011, 05:32:12 PM

awesomeness?

Seemed to me like it took them a second to pull it together.

Mike screwed the pooch on the intro...Trey led everyone in to it, but Mike and Fish (Mike mostly) had trouble finding the pocket....Couple of false starts and Mike finally remembered the bass line.....after that it was gravy though....

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 07, 2011, 10:09:29 PM

awesomeness?

Mike screwed the pooch on the intro...Trey led everyone in to it, but Mike and Fish (Mike mostly) had trouble finding the pocket....Couple of false starts and Mike finally remembered the bass line.....after that it was gravy though....

Yeah listened to this show today, and I thought the laid back Sand, especially Page's solo, along with the Wolfman's were the highlights of this show.

I am a bit relieved that they didn't really top of the first night here.

/selfish bastard
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 07, 2011, 11:47:15 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 07, 2011, 10:09:29 PM

awesomeness?

Yeah listened to this show today, and I thought the laid back Sand, especially Page's solo, along with the Wolfman's were the highlights of this show.

I am a bit relieved that they didn't really top of the first night here.

/selfish bastard

The shows were pretty equal...nothing really topped the first night's R&R, but there was some tasty stuff the second night, especially in the second set.  On the first night I loved Farmhouse (def top version for me, they nailed it), but kind of lost focus personally during Julius....Need to listen to them both more.....Last night was a little more polished, but Friday was more relaxed...I think the composed part of Fluffhead is tits mcgee....speaking of which, I went to take a pee during Waste and was super spun out in the port-a-potty...This was my view while I was peeing/tripping:

mangOnectar

Holy hell. Relistening to last nights show from Sand on on Hoodstream right now. Wow.  :music:  EPIC
The flesh I leave behind is something that is not my own

Undermind

Quote from: mangOnectar on August 08, 2011, 12:15:51 AM
Holy hell. Relistening to last nights show from Sand on on Hoodstream right now. Wow.  :music:  EPIC

Good luck with that stance!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Caravan2001

emay

This antelope is  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: