News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by whatapiper, January 01, 2012, 12:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

mehead

Quote from: Augustus on January 01, 2012, 11:17:48 AM
Steam is a fitting choice as the 3.0 train chugs along.

the chugging is over....this NYE run makes it official.....

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Really don't understand why they would play so many of the heavy hitters over the first two nights.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Augustus

susep

they are what Trey said he never wanted them to be:

aphineday

Quote from: Augustus on January 01, 2012, 11:39:28 AM
Cities and Piper.
25 minutes of above average stuff.
I would potentially kick in Bowie too. I really liked how that meshed. Regardless, no exploring the whole run. I honestly have no idea how they could believe this is what people want...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mehead

mehead

Quote from: aphineday on January 01, 2012, 11:46:06 AM
Cities and Piper.
I would potentially kick in Bowie too. I really liked how that meshed. Regardless, no exploring the whole run. I honestly have no idea how they could believe this is what people want...

I don't think they believe this is what people want to hear. I just don't think they care at all or they just can't jam, explore or improv like they used to.  Looking forward to summer 2012 - pffffft.

Augustus

Is 01-01 still the best show of 2011?
Doesn't say much for the band's growth.

emay

Quote from: mehead on January 01, 2012, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: aphineday on January 01, 2012, 11:46:06 AM
Cities and Piper.

I don't think they believe this is what people want to hear. I just don't think they care at all or they just can't jam, explore or improv like they used to.  Looking forward to summer 2012 - pffffft.

I think its more of what Trey wants. More Indie/ Alt Rock style show...Ballads, a couple of funk jams (suzy, wolfmans) the rest is just playing songs straight thru, rockin out.

phg

I actually thought Trey was better last night than the previous two, and I'm not feeling as negative as some of you this morning. Was a pretty boring new years show though, and once again there was minimal jamz. Completely forgettable run.

imo, UIC1, Blossom and every night of Dick's is better than 1.1.11.

roggae

This thread is sad. I know a bunch of folks who had a great time. Most of them like Phish though. Enjoy 2012.
Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

roggae

Quote from: mattstick on January 01, 2012, 11:06:02 AM
I shut it off during DWD, I was hoping to be surprised in the morning, but it was worse than I feared.

I guess the band thinks that this is what people want...?

At least Steam sounded pretty sick leading up to the balloon drop.

Thanks again for the tix Matt!
Clearly it's all awful.

mehead

Quote from: roggae on January 01, 2012, 12:40:04 PM
This thread is sad. I know a bunch of folks who had a great time. Most of them like Phish though. Enjoy 2012.

I'm sure if I had been there, I would have had a good time.  At the end of the day, for me, it's still about the music brah.  Nuff said.