News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Michael Jackson?

Started by flow00, June 25, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flow00

Hicks

Not sure if this is true, but that's what people are saying.

Sad in so many ways.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

no confirmation of death on the news broadcast that im watching....
-AD_

flow00

Quote from: guyforget on June 25, 2009, 05:46:49 PM
no confirmation of death on the news broadcast that im watching....

I guess you have to believe TMZ. I'm not a fan of the site, but they are almost never wrong. They break this celebrity shit fast.

guyforget

-AD_

guyforget

it does sound like he's dead

no surprise that the family would prefer to withhold confirmation

but it definitely sounds like he's either deceased or in very critical condition, like, not gonna come back from this in 100% condition. 
-AD_

inourdr

Quote from: guyforget on June 25, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
it does sound like he's dead

no surprise that the family would prefer to withhold confirmation

but it definitely sounds like he's either deceased or in very critical condition, like, not gonna come back from this in 100% condition. 

I agree. If I was a betting man I'm be placing my chips with dead. Too bad.

flow00

Think Hood, 10-21-95. That's how I'll grieve.

sprobeck

Crazy how these things always happen in groups. First D.C. then Ed McMahon, then F.F., now M.J. Just earlier today I was listening to  :phish: 10-29-95 when they played the riff to Beat It!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

ytowndan

Seems to be official now...

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/pop-star-michael-jackson-dead-report/24333?nc

QuoteLOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and went on to set the world dancing to the thumping rhythms of his music for decades, died Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.

There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said that the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago.

He has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

guyforget

L.A. Times is reporting that he's in a coma. 
-AD_

flow00

Quote from: ytowndan on June 25, 2009, 06:05:39 PM
Seems to be official now...

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/pop-star-michael-jackson-dead-report/24333?nc

QuoteLOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and went on to set the world dancing to the thumping rhythms of his music for decades, died Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.

There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said that the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago.

He has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

But Reuters is attributing the death to TMZ, which is the only media outlet to confirm it.

guyforget

yep, still only tmz confirming death, any other source quoting them is only as reliable as they are. 

i dont even know wtf tmz is, but my lady says that theyre always on top of this kinda thing and rarely, if ever, are wrong when it comes to celebrity affairs. 

L.A. Times just reported on MSNBC that he's in a coma. 

-AD_

ytowndan

I have no idea what/who TMZ is either.  Either way it isn't looking good for him.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Igbo

i'm not taking TMZ as a reliable news source.