News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New CAN Live Recordings Coming

Started by PIE-GUY, May 11, 2021, 01:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 09, 2021, 12:31:35 PM
I don't know Can very well at all, but i have lately become super obsessed with the new-wave of krautrock (Follakzoid, Verstaerker, Sei Still, etc) so I checked this out.  I really enjoyed the first track!  It made me think of jambands. 

Do you guys have any recs for Can stuff with the motorik drumbeat?

Ege Bamyasi

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4BDEDF78BE90CDCB
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

I don't know Can very well at all

Given the music you listen to, you should get to know them as they influenced a lot of your influences. (which you are presently doing :clap: of course)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 09, 2021, 01:14:23 PM
I don't know Can very well at all, but i have lately become super obsessed with the new-wave of krautrock (Follakzoid, Verstaerker, Sei Still, etc) so I checked this out.  I really enjoyed the first track!  It made me think of jambands. 

Buy it all.

If you want a good overview/launching point, the Cannibalism series (I, II, III) is really good. Then dig into the albums from the eras you like from the compilations.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on June 09, 2021, 01:25:40 PM

Ege Bamyasi

This is an album I could have seen Phish doing years ago. Was this on the Indio Map?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

Im with you Gumbo. CAN has always given me jamband vibes.  I mean.. they are just jammin.. usually on a single chord or two. 

Future Days has always been my favorite album of theirs but Ege Bamyasi and Tago Mago are their other must haves, IMO.

Check out the album/band Neu! If you haven?t already - that was my first introduction to the slow, driving, krautrock sound, which seems like a serious influence on the post-rock stuff you dig
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 09, 2021, 06:04:01 PM

Ege Bamyasi

This is an album I could have seen Phish doing years ago. Was this on the Indio Map?

Don't think so, definitely check out the Malkmus cover version of it if you haven't, very good.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

westcider

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 09, 2021, 08:01:26 PM
Im with you Gumbo. CAN has always given me jamband vibes.  I mean.. they are just jammin.. usually on a single chord or two. 

Future Days has always been my favorite album of theirs but Ege Bamyasi and Tago Mago are their other must haves, IMO.

Check out the album/band Neu! If you haven?t already - that was my first introduction to the slow, driving, krautrock sound, which seems like a serious influence on the post-rock stuff you dig

yeah, Neu! is great.  also, their guitar player Michael Rother did some solo records with Jaki from Can laying down the Motorik on them

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Hicks on June 09, 2021, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on June 09, 2021, 06:04:01 PM

Ege Bamyasi

Don't think so, definitely check out the Malkmus cover version of it if you haven't, very good.

Malkmus here:

https://smarturl.it/EgeBamyasi

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

The Stuttgart release is pretty awesome.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 07, 2021, 02:55:16 PMThe Stuttgart release is pretty awesome.

I still haven't even opened it. Ugh. 

kellerb

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 09, 2021, 03:09:19 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 07, 2021, 02:55:16 PMThe Stuttgart release is pretty awesome.

can't find your can opener?

mopper_smurf

QuoteThe Stuttgart release is pretty awesome.

can't find your can opener?
;D
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

rowjimmy

Found an SACD on one of my shelves of Can's Saw Delight and I'm blasting it in my office right now and it's fucking gooooood.