News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

huge news!
especially for final fantasy community, but really in general for playstation!
after talks broke down between Microsoft trying to buy Discord, PS announces partnership to integrate Discord on PSN!

GBL

I don't even know what discord is, but as you know slim, I'm not much of a chat guy while playing games.  Unless you have a keyboard it's too cumbersome imo
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on May 04, 2021, 08:09:34 PM
I don't even know what discord is, but as you know slim, I'm not much of a chat guy while playing games.  Unless you have a keyboard it's too cumbersome imo
Discord is a voice  chat app that has basically become the defacto voice, text and social platform for PC gaming over the last 5+ years.

It also has seen more and more use by console gamers as alot of games have gone cross platform and  developers have stopped integrating in game voice chat systems in games.

it is even seen as required now for  some console gaming communication like when i raid in FF 14.
I raid with 7 pc players and the only way we can use voice coms is a discord server.

Also, it serves as a community and resource hub for many games such as FF14.
I'm a part of many friends and community servers which are  social and information hubs.

Basically its where gaming nerds live these days.

nab

Quote from: VA $l!m on May 04, 2021, 09:15:24 PM
Discord is a voice  chat app that has basically become the defacto voice, text and social platform for PC gaming over the last 5+ years.

It also has seen more and more use by console gamers as alot of games have gone cross platform and  developers have stopped integrating in game voice chat systems in games.

it is even seen as required now for  some console gaming communication like when i raid in FF 14.
I raid with 7 pc players and the only way we can use voice coms is a discord server.

I'm a part of many friends and community servers which are  social and information hubs.

Sounds loud, full of time commitments I can't/don't want to make when I just want to punch buttons alone.

But it's nice to see some cross platform options working for people.

VA $l!m

Quote from: nab on May 05, 2021, 01:50:39 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on May 04, 2021, 09:15:24 PM

Sounds loud, full of time commitments I can't/don't want to make when I just want to punch buttons alone.

But it's nice to see some cross platform options working for people.
i mean its just that, and more for certain games.

for pc players it is literally the hub  of all social network gaming at this point.
and even as a console player i have the app up at all times and its basically my social hub now as well.
all my friends in ff are members of multiple servers just for sharing, chatting, memes , etc.

beyond that there are discord servers for every resource related to most games now.
most full time gamers dont search guides or even use reddit anymore as much as they use discord servers that compile all that information in one spot.

for instance if people in final fantasy want to know the best in slot gear, how to do their rotation, min max or whatever we point them to the balance discord which has all of that in one spot.
or if people want to organize pvp groups, social events, monster hunt trains , etc theres specific servers for all of that.

Especially for a socially based game like an mmo it really is an invaluable platform.

though i'll join servers for any game or community i want to  find out more about these days.

oh , also, its just a great for someone like me that doesnt own a cellphone since you can just private call your friends.

Bobafett

Yeah I have found that discord is like a wee4paug forum with voice chat for whatever game you are into.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

also...
sexy pics of my FF character someone did for me.
NSFW??  :|
(idk how to spoiler pics lol)

VA $l!m

full trailer for nex ff14 expansion, and new class (that i will be maining) trailer:

VA $l!m

finally beat the last raid boss of the expansion in FF.
took us like 4 months to beat this raid.

VA $l!m

excited to see Biomutant reviews this week , might grab it if they good.
Also, Scarlet Nexus Demo out tues. i believe.

and... playing alot of Hood in the mean time.

VA $l!m

biomutant got shit reviews btw. skipping.
but Scarlet NExus demo supposed to be real good. comes out fri on ps.

also, this jus dropped:

GBL

I had been playing Horizon Zero Dawn, while I was waiting for the 60fps patch for TLOU2, and got about half way through and while the gameplay is good the story is actually boring and VERY repetitive.  Not sure I'll even finish it tbh

That being said, still may grab that new one.  Although I still have to finish TLOU2 and then will start FFVII remake after that 4k/60fps patch comes in June.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VA $l!m

battlefield trailer on the 9th.
alot of E3 and press conference shit this month.
should be getting alot of news.