News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Eclipse

Started by khalpin, April 05, 2024, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Ended up heading up to a random park near Lake Acid and took it in with a field full of random strangers.  11 hours in the car and it was completely worth it.  I had goosebumps and you couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 09, 2024, 08:49:11 AMI drove up into the mountains to get fully in to the zone of totality (98% or so at my house). Birds and cars were quiet for about five minutes.

It's true, many people discount the eclipse's effect on cars. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

Drove up to the Adirondacks yesterday to see the total eclipse, and it was absolutely one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Waved at you across the Lake, Kelley ;)

My son is also in IN, Mr. C, and he got to see the full eclipse as well
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: shoreline99 on April 09, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDrove up to the Adirondacks yesterday to see the total eclipse, and it was absolutely one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Waved at you across the Lake, Kelley ;)

I may be wrong, but it looked on Instagram like MBW took the family down to Bloomington to watch it. he and your son may have been in proximity.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 09, 2024, 03:22:57 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on April 09, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDrove up to the Adirondacks yesterday to see the total eclipse, and it was absolutely one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. Waved at you across the Lake, Kelley ;)

I may be wrong, but it looked on Instagram like MBW took the family down to Bloomington to watch it. he and your son may have been in proximity.

Awesome! Hope his traffic on the ride home wasn't nearly as bad as ours was

Pretty sure he wasn't at the same eclipse darty, but who knows?  :hereyougoyousentimentalbastar  :beers:  :beerbang:  :hereyougoyousentimentalbastar

mbw

Quote from: shoreline99 on April 09, 2024, 06:23:14 PM

Pretty sure he wasn't at the same eclipse darty, but who knows?  :hereyougoyousentimentalbastar  :beers:  :beerbang:  :hereyougoyousentimentalbastar

Yes, drove down to Bloomington with my boys.  It was awesome.
Traffic was fine, only took 9 hours to get home.  :o

kellerb

Quote from: mbw on April 11, 2024, 10:41:49 AM

Did you hang w/ Shatner?

mbw

Quote from: kellerb on April 11, 2024, 04:48:36 PM

Did you hang w/ Shatner?

Didn't see Bill.

sunrisevt

I considered driving to the High Peaks, but couldn't get any good info on back road conditions, and they'd had like 4 feet of snow in two recent storms, so ...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

shoreline99

Quote from: mbw on April 11, 2024, 06:35:01 PM

Did you hang w/ Shatner?

Didn't see Bill.

He was in the IU stadium, with Janelle Monae! Gave a spoken word performance before the eclipse.

shoreline99

7.5 for us :/

kellerb

Quote from: shoreline99 on April 15, 2024, 07:21:49 AM

Did you hang w/ Shatner?

Didn't see Bill.

He was in the IU stadium, with Janelle Monae! Gave a spoken word performance before the eclipse.

Did Janelle Monae show her boobs and something something boobieclipse?

Hicks

Quote from: kellerb on April 15, 2024, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on April 15, 2024, 07:21:49 AM

Did you hang w/ Shatner?

Didn't see Bill.

Did Janelle Monae show her boobs and something something boobieclipse?

Dark side of the boob.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.