News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/21 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 22, 2009, 12:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

just finished this one, heard set 2 twice.
I would have been psyched to have been there, probably would've danced all night.
but, at home it's... very good

C+P and DWD are good, Piper never really gets going. Agree 100% with Jedi's comments earlier in the thread.

For perspective, I was listening to some 8/93 before this one - not fair I guess.

so - while I am enjoying Phish 3.0 so far, and am happy with they way they are progressing, I agree with other comments that they are not quite at the level of Phish 1.0 (admittedly, very few are / ever were).
still, it's great music and lots of fun.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Declan

Quote from: jedifunk on June 22, 2009, 07:34:58 PM

and first night was fun and all, but i NEEDED that 2nd set 2nd night... FOR REAL.  

i guess that sign made its way down towards the stage?

cause i saw the dude with it after the show...

i may have said this before... but if there is anyone who is possibly bringing the h33t more than ever before.... its Sir Page Mcconnell

that psychedelic clavinet melted my face i do say

and for the whats the use accusation... i can see what line from trey would make you think that but its a line ive heard from him before in other versions of taste.... so i think that one is clearly busted  :samurai:

if it was whats the use... i would have shit myself at the show

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

gah

Quote from: postjack on July 08, 2009, 06:29:54 PM
Some gorgeous pics a friend of mine took during the AV weekend:

http://picasaweb.google.com/edwards.je/PhishAV2009#

Ha ha, "FUN VAN"! I bet those plates will get you in some trouble.  :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

StCarl

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 09, 2009, 12:01:18 PM
Quote from: postjack on July 08, 2009, 06:29:54 PM
Some gorgeous pics a friend of mine took during the AV weekend:

http://picasaweb.google.com/edwards.je/PhishAV2009#

Ha ha, "FUN VAN"! I bet those plates will get you in some trouble.  :-)

Ha!  I met the FUN VAN guy on Saturday afternoon.  What up, Bill!

/shout out
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

StCarl

and suddenly I'm reminded of...

Quote from: StCarl on July 02, 2009, 11:36:33 AM
hey ww, check it - it looks like we shot these both at almost the exact same time:

Quote from: whywheigh3.5

:beers:

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Caravan2001

Just heard this for the first time...the crosseyed is heet....

Caravan2001

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 09, 2009, 10:15:14 PM
nice avatar StCarl

That was outside the bar that me and Leo and jphishman were pre-gaming at at the Fox....you should have come in st.carl....we were in there for 3+ hours......

flow00

Quote from: slslbs on July 08, 2009, 03:00:40 PM
just finished this one, heard set 2 twice.
I would have been psyched to have been there, probably would've danced all night.
but, at home it's... very good

C+P and DWD are good, Piper never really gets going. Agree 100% with Jedi's comments earlier in the thread.

For perspective, I was listening to some 8/93 before this one - not fair I guess.

so - while I am enjoying Phish 3.0 so far, and am happy with they way they are progressing, I agree with other comments that they are not quite at the level of Phish 1.0 (admittedly, very few are / ever were).
still, it's great music and lots of fun.

I agree. I'm listening to a lot from 91-93, and nothing they are doing now comes close to it. ... And I think the C+E is overrated from Alpine.

mattstick

Is anyone saying it's a great C&P?  Even standard?  I don't think so.

I will say this, it was a blast to be in the 2nd row in front of Fish when they busted it out.

mehead

I think we can agree that where the boys are now isn't near 91-93..or '94..or '95, etc...I think we need to see in which kind of direction they're headed to and put phish 3.0 w/in its proper context...it's kind of like saying what the Dead was doing in '95 doesn't compare to '77...no shit
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mehead on July 10, 2009, 07:43:32 PM
I think we can agree that where the boys are now isn't near 91-93..or '94..or '95, etc...I think we need to see in which kind of direction they're headed to and put phish 3.0 w/in its proper context...it's kind of like saying what the Dead was doing in '95 doesn't compare to '77...no shit

In my mind, Phish 3.0> Grateful Dead '95.

I HOPE THIS DOESN'T IGNITE A FLAME WAR!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: