News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-01-02 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Gundo, January 02, 2016, 11:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: August on January 03, 2016, 09:57:29 AM
I think last night was easily the best of the 4.
As stated, set was out of '99 without the opener and straight outta '96 without Sand!

Limb by Limb was 98 97 tho

mattstick

I really did enjoy the run.  I was all-in via CouchTour for 12/30 and 12/31, then watched just the second sets for the next 2 nights... that helped quell the burnout that I usually get after watching a bunch of shows from the couch.

It struck me that I didn't see a 2015 Phish show which was an unfortunate oversight...

pcr3

Quote from: mattstick on January 03, 2016, 07:13:52 PM
It struck me that I didn't see a 2015 Phish show which was an unfortunate oversight...

I had the same unfortunate oversight. Birdman and Pie let me crash on their floor 1/1 though, and it was a lot of fun hanging with the paug crew. I also finally met sunrise, which took too long and was another unfortunate oversight. Good times, guys.  :beers:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

you pet cat as an opener is interesting, not sure if I like it or not. Just seems odd to have it as a standalone.

this first set is a lot of fun. good playing throughout nothing too serious going on but fun overall

Time to delve into this tweezer!

emay

good tweezer, good chord progession for most the jam but wasnt blown away.
Still think Hampton 13 and Magna tweez were better.

mehead

Some blue balls action with this Sand.  I thought at @ 8:30 mark it had potential to go out there a bit and was really digging where it was going.  I should have known better though, knowing this was right on the heels of the 20+ min Tweezer.

I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of the Thrilling songs as stand alones but I think Your Pet Cat works.  I dig this jam now more than I had but I could do without the constant cat screams.  Worse than nails on a chalkboard.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

Tweezer is the clear highlight of the run imo.  Hot damn.  Pretty soaring and melodic version.  I liked it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?