News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/10/18 - Ascend Amphitheater Nashville, TN - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, October 18, 2016, 11:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 19, 2016, 05:33:08 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 18, 2016, 11:56:09 PM
Mr C, I'll take an XL "LET BOBBY SING (MISS YOU)" shirt when you get a sec. Thanks.

HA! That should be easy to throw together. What font are those shirts in? Is it Helvetica?

It's some kind of blocky, collegiate-y typeface.
Is this still Wombat?

shoreline99

Quote from: VDB on October 19, 2016, 10:27:05 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 19, 2016, 05:33:08 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 18, 2016, 11:56:09 PM
Mr C, I'll take an XL "LET BOBBY SING (MISS YOU)" shirt when you get a sec. Thanks.

HA! That should be easy to throw together. What font are those shirts in? Is it Helvetica?

It's some kind of blocky, collegiate-y typeface.

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2016, 01:30:54 PM
So very happy about this show.
This. It's also nice to see nearly the entire community getting behind the boys. It's been a while.
Paug FTMFW!

Gundo

Igbo

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Totally forgot there was an ultra-rare nab bustout in the LST last night. Or did I dream that?

I can't stop listening to Miss You. I'm definitely gonna have Bobby vox in my head from now on. Kinda like the GCH fill in Cavern (BEH-BEHNANA-NAH!!) or  :wtu:'s Stairway parody.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

anthrax

Anyone have a Nashville ticket code you can spare?  My sister is a noob and she doesn't know the first thing about bit torrent, so I thought I'd be nice and help her out.  PM me if u can help...thanks!

nab

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 19, 2016, 03:05:29 PM
Totally forgot there was an ultra-rare nab bustout in the LST last night. Or did I dream that?

Wasn't just a dream.  Bobby was stealing my face.   

cactusfan

speaking as someone who isn't into the Dead, who was present the last time Weir sat in and found it awful, and who just doesn't like sit-ins in general, especially in second sets... that was surprisingly not terrible.

WhatstheUse?

Bobby really only added to the music. Most sit-ins end up catering to the artist.... which, they obv did playing dead tunes, but musically... it still felt like phish with a little something extra.

I guess that's always been Bobbys expertise - just slinking in the background, adding in little subtles
Bring in the dude!

ph92

Was listening to this at work today. I absolutely loved the second set! I'm the same as cactusfan, I'm not the biggest fan of sit ins, but this was some awesome playing. They all kept pushing each other to go deeper. I loved the interplay during twist and playing. I have always felt that musicians that just are auxiliary types are the best and add the most without taking away from the music. It always feels like they push the music further Always loved coral sky 96 for that reason. Bobby was similar, he just added to the atmosphere, didn't push for a spotlight.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love this band. Keeps me guessing! :phish:  :syf:  :banana:
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Marmar

Bobtuse.....love Bob's obtuse approach to guitar, it's so Weir'd.....he's about the only person on the planet that could play behind anyone and add meaningful notes to the musical conversation. His tone...love it....thin, and shrill....but so in the pocket you only notice he's there when he stops playing.....

Love it.

And WTF is Trey doing with a Marshall head? That goes against all things Phish. Put it away Trey.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 19, 2016, 01:30:54 PM
So very happy about this show.

This. It only got better the second time I listened to the show. Will give it a rest and queue it up again for this weekend to see if I still love it.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.