News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Are you a Phish Ninja?

Started by UncleEbinezer, June 08, 2009, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: jephrey on March 12, 2010, 01:31:51 AM
I don't hide it or put it on display, but I dislike explaining my "FORBIN 3" license plate because it rolls into so much more.

"Forbin 3", what's that
"It's a character from a song"
"What song?"
"Colonel Forbin's Ascent"
"Who sings that"
"Phish plays that"
"What's Fish?"
etc etc etc.

My first few months at all my jobs, I started clean-cut prep like, then after a few casual Fridays, I insert casual Wednesday, and upgrade Friday to Slack-Off Friday.  I don't do it a ton but sometimes play Ph in the cube.  Someone always comes by during TTE or SOAMule.  It's not like they're saying, "this is awesome, who is this?"   I'm sure they hear one line of the lyrics and write off the great Mule or hear one passages from TTE and I don't want to admit it's Phish.

I'd say I'm a ninja in white.

My plate is HV PHUN.

Most people just ask what it means, but don't put the PH together or ask about it.

Since I have been at the company now for 18 months, I have certainly changed my tune a little bit.  I still don't flaunt it, but don't necessarily hide it.  I think people have already "judged" me and know what I'm about. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

khalpin

I started working here in '95, which was the year I saw the most shows. 

"What're you doing this weekend, Kev?"
"Going to see Phish up in Albany."
"Didn't you just see them last week?"
"Yeah, and I'm gonna see them the day before New Year's, too."
"I think your nickname is gonna be Phish."

And that was my nickname for 4 years until I switched departments.

mopper_smurf

I visited my favorite record store the other dayand there was this new DMB box sitting behind the desk, with a note attached indicating that it had been ordered.

"Who the fuck ordered that?" I ask. And up steps this elderly frat boy, blushing. "'That'll be me".

The owner of the store gives him his best Jack Black smile and goes: "Too stupid to understand Phish, are you?"
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 12, 2010, 11:05:07 AM
I visited my favorite record store the other dayand there was this new DMB box sitting behind the desk, with a note attached indicating that it had been ordered.

"Who the fuck ordered that?" I ask. And up steps this elderly frat boy, blushing. "'That'll be me".

The owner of the store gives him his best Jack Black smile and goes: "Too stupid to understand Phish, are you?"

:clap:

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

Please pass a +K to that record store owner

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 12, 2010, 11:08:33 AM

Now that is hilarious!
Bring in the dude!

Mr Minor

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 12, 2010, 03:20:52 PM

Now that is hilarious!

Awesome.

Lifeboy

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 12, 2010, 03:21:30 PM

Now that is hilarious!

Awesome.

Indeed.  :clap:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Mr Minor

Quote from: tipetoo on March 12, 2010, 04:10:55 PM
Quote from: Mr Minor on March 12, 2010, 03:21:30 PM

Now that is hilarious!

Awesome.

Indeed.  :clap:

I heard if you pre-ordered that box set you got a little baggie with some of the shit dropped on the folks in Chicago.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on March 12, 2010, 11:55:16 AM

Please pass a +K to that record store owner

I second kellers statement.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sls.stormyrider

September 1991, I change from shirt and tie to jeans and tie-dye before leaving work, meet my wife, and go to see  :syf: at  BG. The next day at work, I got comments like you went to see the Dead???? (tone of disbelief)

January 2004 (different job) - I get a Garcia tie from my office for Christmas. On the message board, I thanked everyone and told them how much I loved Garcia. One of the woman didn't believe that I even heard of Jerry Garcia until her boyfriend walked in one day, asked if anyone ever woke up and found out that they were the eyes of the world? I asked him if he ever woke up discovered that he was the song that the morning brings. She believed.

My cell ring tone is the Stash intro, personalized ring tone from my wife is China Cat intro, and alert for a SMS is One Way Out, so I can't hide it. Even people who don't know the music love my ring tones.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

redrum

Quote from: slslbs on March 13, 2010, 03:09:24 PM

My cell ring tone is the Stash intro...Even people who don't know the music love my ring tones.

but how can you tell the difference if they're applause and/or the (wood block) hand claps?  :clap:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.