News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rank All the Halloween Second Sets

Started by Hicks, November 05, 2020, 10:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 07, 2020, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 07, 2020, 01:19:45 PM
Quote from: Hicks on November 06, 2020, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 06, 2020, 05:14:39 PM
Also, to echo what someone else said (Budd?) I am really happy the last Halloween DAAM has spurred some solid back and forth and differing, yet all valid, opinions.  Nice to see some action on the board.

Surprised you would rank the White Album so highly, it definitely has some moments like WMGGW and Blackbird, but a lot of the songs feel a little like they are just getting through them.

Yeah, maybe it's more weighted in historical significance than execution.  Some of it is just passable.  But, it's near impossible to pull that stuff off in live setting.  Even though Fab Faux make it sound just like the album, so.....

ETA: Then fab faux also have a lot more than four people including horns and strings so, for a four piece I think Phish did a pretty solid job.

Phish would not have put in the kind of practice for this album as the fab faux would, given that's their only catalogue.
I find it fascinating they could pull off all of these songs, even if not perfect, pretty damn well.

Are you at all familiar with the Fab Faux? It is nobody's main gig. They are all insane musicians with huge repertoires in their back pockets.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul