News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

vid from last nights amon amarth show from germany is up on their website right now.  not sure how long it'll be up there.  these guys destroy in germany...it's an arena show with fire and dragons and vikings sword fighting on stage.  just be sure to skip the opening band...they blow.  love amon amarth. 

https://www.amonamarth.com/

mopper_smurf

Quote from: anthrax on December 14, 2019, 08:12:39 PM
vid from last nights amon amarth show from germany is up on their website right now.  not sure how long it'll be up there.  these guys destroy in germany...it's an arena show with fire and dragons and vikings sword fighting on stage.  just be sure to skip the opening band...they blow.  love amon amarth. 

https://www.amonamarth.com/

Nice!

Moar Germans"

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

anthrax

khalpin

:rawk:

Think I'm gonna buy that.

anthrax

metallica going back to 1991 with their live vid on nugs.tv tonight!  this is the equivalent of phish going back to 1.0, so i'd say it's not out of the question!

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2020, 12:14:45 PM
metallica going back to 1991 with their live vid on nugs.tv tonight!  this is the equivalent of phish going back to 1.0, so i'd say it's not out of the question!

'91 was after Cliff died, so that would really be Metallica 2.0 wouldn't it?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2020, 01:24:49 PM

For Metallica it would be, but I think the comparison he's drawing is 16:9 HD video vs. 4:3 SD

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on April 27, 2020, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2020, 01:24:49 PM

For Metallica it would be, but I think the comparison he's drawing is 16:9 HD video vs. 4:3 SD

the mustaine era would be 1.0, wouldn't it, lol.  there's no 1.0s and 2.0s, etc in metallica.  that's not where i was going. 

i thought these nightly webcasts were just big commercials for nugs.tv.  look at our fancy high quality webcasts, don't you want your band to be webcast, don't you want to buy our products, kinda thing.  khalpin nailed it.  the fact that nugs.tv is even agreeing to broadcast some old crappy VHS footage, which i'm going to LOVE, is surprising to me and gives me a bit of hope for something pre 2009 for the phish.

westcider

anthrax

westcider

Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2020, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: westcider on April 27, 2020, 07:29:38 PM
Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2020, 08:48:39 AM
very excited for this...

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Front-Row-Francisco-Thrash/dp/B087M3R2BC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EP294CSA8W05&dchild=1&keywords=murder+in+the+front+row&qid=1587904992&s=instant-video&sprefix=murder+in+the+f%2Cinstant-video%2C164&sr=1-1

interesting coincidence, I spent the entire work shift today listening to Death Angel's debut album The Ultra-Violence on repeat.
Their third album, Act 3, is a top 20 desert island album for me for sure!
that was yesterday's soundtrack!  i saw them a few years ago in Joliet, it was a blast.  their singer is probably the most energetic frontman i've ever seen, he was like a cross between Dio and Sam Kinison.

anthrax

Quote from: westcider on April 27, 2020, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2020, 08:48:39 AM
very excited for this...

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Front-Row-Francisco-Thrash/dp/B087M3R2BC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=EP294CSA8W05&dchild=1&keywords=murder+in+the+front+row&qid=1587904992&s=instant-video&sprefix=murder+in+the+f%2Cinstant-video%2C164&sr=1-1

interesting coincidence, I spent the entire work shift today listening to Death Angel's debut album The Ultra-Violence on repeat.
that was yesterday's soundtrack!  i saw them a few years ago in Joliet, it was a blast.  their singer is probably the most energetic frontman i've ever seen, he was like a cross between Dio and Sam Kinison.
THE FORGE!!  Yes!!

westcider

Quote from: anthrax on April 27, 2020, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: westcider on April 27, 2020, 07:55:47 PM
THE FORGE!!  Yes!!
that's the place, though I think it was called Mojo's at the time.  it was 2015, they opened for Cavalera Conspiracy.  COC Blind was supposed to play, but it ended up being Karl Agell's other band King Hitter.  that dude can really sing, you can tell he has some formal training.  and Max Cavalera has the craziest dreadlock (yes, it was singular) I've ever seen.  they played Territory and Refuse/Resist, it was awesome

anthrax

knotfest.com is putting up some great archival metal shows.  they've got a full amon amarth show coming up today at 3pm central time...CAN'T WAIT!!

here's an anthrax headling show from chile