News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Posted album review number 2112 on my blog just now. Had I realized that before, I would not have chosen such a crap album. Guess what I am spinning right now ...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

I'm still bummed I never got off my ass to see them one last time.  My phone was on random last week and Rush in Rio came on.  I really love the mix on that one.  Sounds so sick.

khalpin

A real nice deep dive into Limelight.  This guy does a lot of these videos with isolated tracks and discussing the music theory behind classic rock songs.  He pointed out a bunch of things I things I never noticed before despite having heard the song about 1000 times over the past 30 years.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

khalpin

PIE-GUY

Nice!

https://www.jambase.com/article/primus-rush-cover-asheville-setlist-video

QuotePrimus returned to the road on Saturday as one of the support acts for the final leg of Slayer's farewell tour. The trio's set at the ExploreAsheville.com Arena in Asheville included a cover of Rush's "Cygnus X-1."

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 04, 2019, 03:43:42 PM
Nice!

https://www.jambase.com/article/primus-rush-cover-asheville-setlist-video

QuotePrimus returned to the road on Saturday as one of the support acts for the final leg of Slayer's farewell tour. The trio's set at the ExploreAsheville.com Arena in Asheville included a cover of Rush's "Cygnus X-1."

Awesome!  Totally psyched for Wednesday night.

khalpin

Interesting, to say the least.  I enjoyed it.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on July 28, 2020, 09:47:07 PM
Interesting, to say the least.  I enjoyed it.

O yes. Moar please.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

two things:

1. fuck ayn rand
2. This is the original arena "WOO" song. Listen to early live versions and the crowd all WOOs in the breaks... just like Vutures these days.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

mistercharlie