News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-02-22 - Riviera Maya, Mexico - Post-Show Discussion

Started by PIE-GUY, February 22, 2019, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

2019-02-22 - Riviera Maya, Mexico

Set 1:

YEM, Turtle in the Clouds, 46 Days, NMINML, Emotional Rescue!, Tube, Shade, Saw It Again

Set 2:

Set Your Soul Free, Mercury->Slave to the Traffic Light, Possum, Sanity->Walk Away

Encore:

More
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

nab

Opening YEM was nice.  Cracking up watching the dancing during Turtle in the Clouds.  The No Man's through Tube was my favorite portion of the set.  I can't seem to get in the mood to like Shade; and I've tried several. 

After a couple of hours hogging the family screen/speakers (including buildup to the show, Set I, build up to Set II) nearly 50 mins of jamming on two songs was a hard sell.  Especially since they watched Phish last night too. 

Add to that the forced listening of the 2001 from last night's show, twice in a row this afternoon.   

Everyone was in bed by the end. 

I heard enough to revisit that segment tomorrow. 

VDB

Some pretty intense jamming toward the end of that SYSF, as I recall.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Page is teasing a Santana song I can't place in the SYSF jam. Anybody else hear it and know what song it is?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

That SYSF > Mercury > Slave  is a fucking incredible sequence.

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on February 23, 2019, 07:34:02 PM
Tube es my bueno tambien

Nearly every version of Tube in the last year or so has been taken out a bit. Can't complain about that!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Man, this Tube FUCKS!!!!!   :rockout:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gumbo72203

This is a new favorite 3.0 Tube.  What's so cool is Fishman!  Those double-stroke kickdrum beats are killer!  And I love how the jam just congeals into a spacey plinko thing.  That ending is a fucking heater too!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

shoreline99

Watched this last night - Trey was brutal during that YEM opener, but this show only improved from there. Mas Fuego, and the meat of the second set was fantastic. The tube stretched a bit as well.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.